Operations Processor 3 - Unclaimed Property
Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs:
Our product is service.
Our value added is financial advice and guidance.
Our competitive advantage is our people. It all begins with outstanding talent.
In Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation (PVSI), we've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The PVSI team includes Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Wells Fargo Virtual Channels, and Innovation including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Within the Operations team our Operations Services and Delivery team supports and provides processing activities for customer transactions, fulfillment, account maintenance and reconcilement and research for internal and external customers. Our environment is energetic and innovative; we are committed to providing superior service, and we work to achieve Wells Fargo's business goals.
The Unclaimed Property department performs a variety of operational tasks for the most complex processes relating to state unclaimed property. We are looking for a highly motivated team member that takes accountability for entire process from receipt of work to resolution and closure.
This person may be responsible for performing Due Diligence efforts for Unclaimed Property. Unclaimed Property's ultimate goal is to reunite the property with its rightful owner & retain accounts and relationships instead of sending funds to the requisite state. Following state mandated unclaimed property law efforts are made to contact customers with presumed abandoned property by sending required due diligence letters prior to escheat reporting deadlines. An account/property is considered dormant when there has been no customer initiated activity or contact for a pre-established period of time. The duties would include but not limited to:
- Incoming and outgoing calls to customers regarding reactivation of dormant accounts
- Mailing letters to unclaimed property owners
- Processing returned letters
- Follow up phone contact with property owners
- Research efforts to locate good contact information for property owners
- Responsible for talking to other Lines of Businesses and working with the escalation team to resolve customer issues.
The job will include working with multiple systems so the ability to multitask is important. You will need to be able to work independently and with a sense of urgency, as the department at certain times of the year has strict deadlines. There will be times that mandatory overtime will be necessary.
Hours: 9:30-6:00 PM
Please note the posting duration may be shortened based on job seeker volume
- 3+ years of operations experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to independently provide summary and recommendations on operational data
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Customer service experience
- Hogan experience
- Experience meeting operational goals
- Strong research and documentation skills
Other Desired Qualifications
Account relationship knowledge
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0009229 PYMTVIRSOLSINN/PVSI WH
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top