Operations Manager 3
This position is within Corporate Trust Services (CTS) - Document Custody.
Manages small to medium units of nonexempt and/or exempt staff, typically through other managers or supervisors. Works independently with considerable latitude, managing various production initiatives and projects requiring coordination of resources, budgets and deadlines. Participates in review, recommendation and implementations of units' operational systems and processes. Accountable for business unit financial performance.
Responsible for overall operational performance of the Asset Backed Securities (ABS) and Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities (CMBS) review teams within Document Custody.
This position performs some of the following functions:
- Oversee functions of two review groups
- Coordinate internal solutions to meet client needs
- Review deal documents to align internal processes
- Perform project work as assigned
- Identify best practices and opportunities for improving processes
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 6+ years of operations experience
- 2+ years of management experience in an operations environment
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge and understanding of emBTRUST
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization; including management
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge and understanding of Custodial Requirements
- Document Custody or related mortgage experience
- Experience managing exempt and nonexempt staff
- Demonstrated experience coaching and building a high performing and diverse workforce
- Ability to work with others to find creative solutions to operational or client issues
- Experience in building and maintaining internal and external customer relationships
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0057121 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top