Operations Manager 3
Let's talk about you
You have a proven track record of success but you're looking for more. More responsibility. More challenges. At Wells Fargo you'll find that opportunity. You'll join a team of people who are smart and share your values. You can enjoy a diverse career as you learn and grow your capabilities across our multiple lines of business. Our supportive environment can help you make a difference within the company and the communities we serve.
Let's talk about us
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune's 2015 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company's four main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Let's talk about the job
Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) strives to help investors achieve their financial goals through investment solutions managed by specialized investment teams and backed by collaborative service. WFAM's investment approach centers on autonomous investment teams that maintain their own independent research, idea-generation, and decision-making processes. Its independent investment risk management approach provides a consistent, unbiased framework for analyzing and balancing risk in portfolios. WFAM offers the expertise of over 29 investment teams—each focused on specialized, niche portfolio management strategies—that attempt to meet the diverse needs of our investors.
Managed Accounts are portfolios invested in individual stocks and bonds which are managed by professional investment managers. The Managed Account product is located in Wells Fargo Funds Management, LLC (WFFM), where it is sold alongside the mutual funds to intermediary firms. WFFM hires the Managed Accounts Services (MAS) team which is part of Wells Capital Management (WellsCap) to handle the day to day operational functions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to perform functions of trading operations including analysis, trading, and reconciliation.
- Minimizing financial losses through risk identification and process enhancements and resolving trade errors in a timely manner.
- Maintain proper procedures and controls for the managed account trading operations to mitigate risks and increase profitability of the product.
- Developing and exhibiting superior decision making skills.
- Collaborating with internal and external sources to develop effective solutions and enhancements.
- Set goals and motivate team members to high performance
- Recruit and retain talent as needed
- 6+ years of operations experience
- 2+ years of management experience in an operations environment
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization; including management
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge and understanding of equity and fixed income trading
- Knowledge and understanding of operations policies and procedures
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Ability to motivate staff to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to recruit, retain, and grow high potential talent/teams
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Solid critical thinking skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Works independently with considerable latitude, managing various production initiatives and projects requiring coordination of resources.
- Problem solving –ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and takes proactive approach to getting resolution.
- Accountability - takes ownership of issues and sees them through to resolution.
- Ability to successfully influence and build effective business partnerships with all team members
- Ability to go above and beyond standard job responsibilities
- Managed Accounts
- Bloomberg, Fiserv systems (APL, OneView, MMS, etc)
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0161069 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top