Operations Analyst 4
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
At Wells Fargo Asset Management, we put the client at the center of everything we do. Our commitment: Help clients achieve what matters most to them on their path to financial well-being. We do this by channeling the collective wisdom of our specialized investment teams (backed by over 500 investment professionals) into solutions designed to help meet clients' goals.
We place a relentless focus on pursuing consistent and positive risk-adjusted returns, with the support of our independent risk management teams. Together, we strive to help our clients build portfolios aimed at generating successful outcomes and defending them against uncertainty.
With more than $476 billion in assets under management and offices around the world, Wells Fargo Asset Management has the resources and reach to help clients across the globe-be it institutions or intermediaries whose focus on the client is akin to our own.
The Investment Operations team within Wells Fargo Asset Management has responsibility for the day to day business management of the firm's business functions and processes.
Operation Analysts performs (or oversees) complex statistical analysis and applies analysis to initiatives that support business strategies. Makes independent decisions on matters with some financial impact and risk. Possesses broad-based technical and business knowledge to anticipate emerging issues and recommend subsequent strategies and business directions. May manage or participate on large cross-group projects.
- 5+ years of operations analysis experience
- Ability to research, compile, and perform complex analysis on critical operational data
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of operations policies and procedures
- Ability to independently provide summaries and make strategic recommendations on operational data
- Ability to partner and coordinate with other functions on projects
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding technical and critical thinking skills
- Outstanding troubleshooting and resolution skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Investment industry experience
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
Other Desired Qualifications
- Advanced experience with building and understanding portfolio attribution reports via Factset
- Past practical experience with investment software including Factset Analytics, Advent APX, Clearwater Analytics, Eze-Castle Commission reporting, Bloomberg and outside Benchmark vendor sites, MSCI, BofA, and Barclays
- Experience with a broad set of asset classes including, Equity, Fixed Income, derivative instruments such as swaps, futures, options, etc
- 5+ years of experience of strong, direct knowledge of the operations area of an asset management firm across a variety of functions including performance attribution, client reporting, portfolio accounting, investment data management and financial reporting
- Ability to evaluate operating processes and controls for potential risks and enhancement opportunities
- Ability to partner with, and lead other functions on operations-related projects by coordinating with all areas of the combined organization to improve support capabilities and efficiencies
- Proven self-starter and ability to implement creative solutions with limited tech support / resource, utilizing appropriate technologies to automate
- Demonstrating sound decision making and strategic thinking which reflects an understanding of our businesses and its priorities
- Experience identifying inefficiencies, finding opportunities to streamline business processes, and implementing change
- Driving for results, conveying a sense of urgency and bringing issues to closure despite obstacles and opposition
- Ability to provide outstanding flexibility, teamwork and leadership skills across all levels of Wells Fargo Asset Management and its affiliates
- Monitoring, assessing and analyzing accounts on an ongoing basis for data quality in order to minimize operational and system risk
- Willingness to answer team in-box requests
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
WI-Menomonee Falls: 100 Heritage Reserve - Menomonee Falls, WI
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top