Operations Analyst 4
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Banking is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers, in addition to operating one of the most extensive banking franchises in the country. We serve mass market, affluent, and small business customers; as well as provide home and personal lending. Our focus is on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers through financial advice and guidance coupled with providing the products and services that will help them realize their financial hopes and dreams. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Our Capital Markets Team manages the interest rate and operational risks associated with the origination, sale and servicing of mortgage loans, and provides liquidity for the mortgage assets originated by Wells Fargo.
As an Operations Analyst 4 within Capital Markets' Non-Agency and Agency Delivery Team, the successful candidate's primary responsibility is the creation of mortgage backed securities and the delivery of whole loan sales to our private investors. This team provides the operational support for the creation of these securities by utilizing systems and data analysis to create pools of mortgages that are then delivered to investors.
In addition, the analyst in this role will be focused on reporting to include internal tracking and monitoring as well as the creation and validation of reports to be shared with other lines of business. This team works closely with multiple internal groups locally and across the country and also with our investors. Communication is a critical component to the success of this team.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Performs all functions related to delivering loans to Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Ginnie Mae and private investors
- Processes pools for the creation of Mortgage Backed Securities and Whole Loan sales
- Analyze and resolve pooling and delivery software edits in order to keep loans in designated pools
- Partner with custodian, internal business partners and investors to resolve additional pool issues
- Work as part of Loan Delivery Agency Delivery Team to assure all pools are delivered accurately and in a timely manner
- Complete GSE-HMDA audit reports by researching, resolving and updating loan level data
- Comply with Private Investor requests
- Researches, compiles, analyzes and reports work unit and individual volume, productivity, quality and other statistics
- Analyzes business issues and makes recommendations to maximize operational efficiency, quality and compliance
- Works under limited supervision to analyze and solve complex operational, systems-related and/or customer issues
- Creates and maintains databases and management reports, interpreting data and identifying trends for managers
- Works with managers to apply data to business goals and analytical requirements, which may include capacity planning, volume forecasting and unit costing
- Duties may also include managing vendor relationships, defining user requirements and performing user acceptance testing
- May manage small projects requiring some coordination, and/or contribute to task forces or project teams
- May identify, develop and implement policies, procedures and training material to assure compliance with government regulations and to maximize efficiency and customer service
- Additional duties as requested
Please note that posting duration may be shortened based on job seeker volume.
- 5+ years of operations analysis experience
- Ability to research, compile, and perform complex analysis on critical operational data
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of operations policies and procedures
- Ability to independently provide summaries and make strategic recommendations on operational data
- Ability to partner and coordinate with other functions on projects
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding technical and critical thinking skills
- Outstanding troubleshooting and resolution skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Experience developing partnerships and collaborating with other business and functional areas
- Mortgage operations experience
- Ability to coordinate processes or projects and compile documentation
- Ability to facilitate team meetings or present information to an audience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Good reporting skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Business Objects Reporting Tools Requirements Experience
- Report Creation Experience
- MSP Knowledge and Experience
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
MN-Saint Louis Park: 435 Ford Rd - Saint Louis Park, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top