Operations Accounting Specialist
At Wells Fargo, our vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. In this role, you will help us deliver on our vision and build lifelong relationships with our customers. You also will demonstrate leadership through contributing to a company culture that supports customers in achieving their financial goals, team members in developing their careers, and communities in continuing to thrive. As part of a team that serves one in three American households, you will play a vital role in living our commitment to the highest ethical standards and maintaining the valued trust of our customers and communities.
Wells Fargo Virtual Channels (WFVC): WFVC serves consumer and small business customers through digital (online, mobile, and social) and contact centers (phone, email, and correspondence). We provide customers with convenient ways to manage their accounts, enable digital payments, provide solutions that meet their financial needs, and more. WFVC serves over 27 million customers through our digital channels and support over 5.8 billion customer interactions annually through digital and contact centers.
Accounting Specialist will be responsible for performing varied accounting activities. Duties may include: researching, resolving and clearing moderately complex accounting entries/adjustments/exceptions/errors and posting to general ledgers and other accounting records; compiling data for and preparing moderately complex reports, statements and/or invoices for various internal/external customers; verifying accuracy of data/input records; providing guidance to accounting clerks. May perform moderately complex data analysis to ascertain compliance with policy and/or law. May be responsible for a specific accounting function such as accounts receivable or accounts payable. Performs special projects as requested.
This position will be located in Concord, Ca
- 2+ years of accounting experience, operational accounting experience, or a combination of both
- 2+ years of banking operations experience
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Ability to process complex transactions across multiple systems
- Ability to research, compile, and perform complex analysis on critical operational data
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Exposure to Wells Fargo CIV (Customer Information View) application
- Exposure to Wells Fargo CSA (Customer Service Application)
- Exposure to Wells Fargo General Ledger systems
- Knowledge and understanding of banking: operations, accounting standards, procedures, and policies
- Knowledge and understanding of Customer Contact Management (CCM)
- Knowledge and understanding of Hogan
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge and Understand of Wells Fargo bank systems such as CEO, AXCIS, Cstar, RE, TQ/XQ & ACH
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0002870 PYMTVIRSOLSINN/PVSI WH
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top