Operational Risk Manager 4
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Wholesale Control Strategy and Transformation team has an opportunity for an experienced, forward-thinking Operational Risk Manager 4 to join the team focused on the International work. The ORM will report to the head of International CS&T and will provide initiative management leadership for strategic initiatives related to the assessment and development of controls for the Wholesale Lines of Businesses (LOBs).
This position is part of the Control Strategy & Implementation team responsible for the strategic plan, design, development, change management, and implementation of Risk & Controls strategies and implementation. A successful candidate must have significant experience in risk process and controls design, assessment and improvement experience to support the development of a strong risk & control environment and risk management culture across Wholesale Banking. This candidate should also be comfortable both leading a virtual a team and rolling up their sleeves to conduct detail activities while operating in an evolving risk management environment. In addition to financial services experience, this role will require strong organizational, communication and relationship management skills.
The position will collaborate with team members in separate geographical locations, including international locations, and will require remote management skills and travel. The ORM will collaborate with initiative teams in the group and may administratively manage project staff and may be responsible for managing outside vendor resources. The ORM will also work collaboratively with Regional Control teams, Line of Business Control teams and other teams in the Line of Business.
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 5+ years of management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
Other Desired Qualifications
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Risk assessment and control design and/or testing experience in financial services industry, preferably Wholesale Banking experience
- Experience in either Operational Risk, Compliance or Financial Crimes Risk Mgmt
- Change Management skills w/ proven experience in Operating Model design and implementation
- Exceptional facilitation skills to enable collaboration and decision making across complex and disparate stakeholder communities
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple priorities and manage through ambiguity
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions autonomously
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0013168 WHOLESALE BANKING
Back to top