Operational Risk Consultant
Market Job Description The Canada Operational Risk team provides guidance and oversight for the Canadian Wells Fargo lines of business.
- Assist with the implementation and monitoring of a risk-based program to identify, assess and mitigate operational risk that arises from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems or external events, while maintaining a balance between risk mitigation and operational efficiency;
- Develop and generate reports for the Operational Risk team, such as Internal Loss Data (ILD) / Operational Risk Incident reporting;
- Perform data/trend analysis, identify and produce reports to senior management on metrics associated with risks (e.g. Key Risk Indicators (KRIs));
- Identifies operational risk issues and evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls related to risk;
- Advises management on risk ratings and evaluates ratings against established policy standards;
- May assist in drafting corrective action plans and in managing change; and
- Identifies training opportunities, provides input to the development of training materials and delivers training to team members.
Market Skills and Certifications
- 1+ years in compliance or operational risk management
- 1+ years in one or more of the following: compliance, operational risk mgmt., , business process management or financial services, or a Bachelor’s or advanced degree in business or a related field
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Excel, Project, Visio)
- Experience in financial services
Wells Fargo team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. As a Wells Fargo team member, you are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top