Operational Risk Consultant 5 - Legal Risk Operations-Compliance & Regulatory Relations
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Law Department supports the vision, values & goals of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo's enterprise success.
- Primary accountability for but not limited to: Compliance, Operational Risk, Conduct, Financial Crimes and Regulatory Relations group level risks management activities for the Legal Department. Will work to ensure programs are implemented and sustained in alignment with corporate program, policy and procedural mandates.
- Will represent Legal Department as Risk Operations Lead within assigned programs, maintaining all necessary routines with Legal and Independent Risk Management stakeholders to ensure effective operational risk management, reporting, escalation and oversight.
- Will support legal as a front line organization in the implementation of enterprise compliance and risk program, policies, and procedures to ensure consistency across the legal department.
- Will monitor, report and escalate compliance risks, ensuring effective controls in support of regulatory expectations and risk mitigation.
- Will support Legal Group Regulatory Relations role providing consultation on Regulatory Relations program mandates, implementation and sustainability requirements.
- Will coordinate execution of risk program activities
- o Will provide input into the development of enterprise-wide risk programs
- o Will support policy/procedure development and implementation within the Legal Department as needed.
Leadership, integrity, and credibility will be determining factors in selection. Successful candidates will be articulate and possess a demonstrated leadership capability; they will be impressive in their inter-personal effectiveness and with regard to their accomplishments. This role requires a leader with strong relationship management, influencing, vision and execution skills. A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex and matrixed environment. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal integrity. There is emphasis on being proactive as well as making sound risk decisions.
As a Team Member, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, partnering with team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead with integrity and create an environment where all team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them
- Drive risk culture, which includes emphasis on educating self and others on regulatory requirements, corporate policies and procedures, risk frameworks and risk appetite. Demonstrate the ability to identify, evaluate and consult on risk and mitigating controls. Ensure reported and escalated risk have supporting details that drive proper risk management outcomes. Demonstrate risk/reward balance and urgency in managing risks, and in prioritizing and completing daily tasks
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Experience developing partnerships and collaborating with other business and functional areas
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
Other Desired Qualifications
- Professional certifications such as CRCM, CGEIT, and CRISC desired but not required
- Regulatory compliance management operational risk experience within an Financial Services environment with an emphasis on compliance risk management, aggregate risk profiling, KPI and KRI development.
- Experience supporting interactions and engagements with regulators including the handling of meetings, information request, examinations, and responses.
- Demonstrated knowledge of domestic and international laws, regulations, and rules with applicability to financial institutions.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately interpret and communicate impact of regulation to business operations.
- Experience working horizontally across the organization and participating in enterprise-wide implementations of major policy and relevant compliance programs across major business divisions
- Ability to consult and ensure comprehensive risk identification, assessment, analysis and treatment based on the inclusion of both qualitative and quantitative measurements in alignment with risk appetite statements.
- Proven prior experience in comprehensive risk ownership and accountability for the risk profile positioning
- Track record of providing constructive challenge with appropriate issue escalation and offering solution
- Ability to fluently articulate business strategy and operations; translating organizational strategies into clear objectives and business action
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Andrew B.Military National Partnerships Leader
Andrew searches for nonprofits and government entities and figures out ways to partner with them that will attract their veterans to Wells Fargo.
Back to top