Operational Risk Consultant 5
It starts with you…
Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
At Wells Fargo, we invest in our people. Our diverse lines of business offer unique opportunities to expand your knowledge and advance your career.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team and function committed to providing Wells Fargo with world-class technology risk management. The Operational Risk Group continues to build out a world-class technology risk management capability.
The Technology Risk Management Oversight organization is responsible for establishing the strategic direction and management of Wells Fargo's enterprise technology risk management program, including developing, approving and maintaining the technology risk management framework. This function will be responsible for maintaining a strong technology risk culture, formulating technology risk appetite and tolerances, and for establishing/maintaining a program to identify, assess, measure, monitor, control and report on significant enterprise technology risks. Consistent with other programs overseen by Corporate Risk, the Technology Risk program provides second-line-of-defense oversight (SLOD) to ensure an independent, integrated, and holistic view of Wells Fargo technology risks.
As a team member, this position will be responsible for:
- Developing practices, processes, templates, and reporting to provide independent risk management oversight and participation in critical enterprise programs or projects with significant technology risks.
- Engaging in the oversight of strategic and innovative technology solution ideation, planning and execution, including assessment of risk.
- Adapting risk assessment processes to facilitate identification and quantification of risks, while increasing speed to market.
- Analyzing business and technology requirements against the proposed solutions to determine technology risk levels, control weaknesses and to evaluate the risk of solutions not meeting requirements
- Reviewing mitigation/remediation plans and providing advice on mitigation effectiveness and alternative mitigation approaches
- Performing review of the work products produced for technology innovation concepts and strategic initiatives according to risk program requirements and deadlines
- Attending steering committees and work groups to ensure appropriate technology risk management coverage
- Issuing, capturing and escalating credible challenges
- Producing management reporting as applicable
- Integrating learnings and maturity opportunities from the assigned technology risk domain into existing technology risk management processes (e.g. risk assessments)
- Effectively collaborating with business partners in the first-line-of-defense (FLOD) and second line of defense (SLOD) in the establishment of new risk management processes for the assigned technology risk domain
- Working with stakeholders to ensure each has the tools, processes and expertise to effectively manage technology risks
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with the line of business, corporate regulatory, operational risk and compliance peers
- Ensuring that critical programs and projects remain aligned to the technology risk management strategy and functional framework
Examples of strategic initiatives for which Technology Risk Management Oversight provides independent risk management coverage is artificial intelligence/machine learning, redesigns of major large sscale banking bplatforms and cloud computing solutions. Key activities include review and credible challenge of technology solutions, risks/mitigation plans, project status reporting and technology risk domain artifacts used as part of the regulatory reporting process.
The successful candidate will have the ability to translate ambiguous ideas/issues into well-defined plans/solutions; while influencing the decision-making process, be self-motivated, able to work independently with a proven ability to be adaptable to a dynamic work environment with multiple priorities and strict timelines; and set appropriate deliverable timelines and follow-through. Effective communicator and relationship manager. Able to ask well-crafted questions and present ideas in a clear and compelling manner, good listener who engenders creative thinking and teamwork.
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience with technology innovation as a business or technology leader within a company or as an external partner to a company.
- Subject matter expert in information technology and processes related to technology risk management and possess well-rounded knowledge of current technology, risk and compliance issues/challenges.
- Established pattern of innovation in the field of technology or as a business leader using technology to transform a business process or product.
- Demonstrated experience with innovative technology solutions, including but not limited to any of these area: Cloud, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics Process Automation, Mobile, and or Digital Payments,
- Proven experience with third party innovative technology solution providers.
- Demonstrated experience systems Development Lifecycle Management, Agile Methodologies, etc.
- Understanding of international laws and regulations governing technology across different countries and jurisdictions.
- Proven experience quantifying and assessing risks, developing alternative solutions and translating information into a concise, meaningful summary for multiple audiences.
- Self-motivated and able to adapt to dynamic work environment with multiple priorities and strict timelines.
- Proven ability to develop and articulate sound proposals to key stakeholders, including ability to influence and drive timely decision making.
- Proven ability to cultivate relationships and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, including business leaders, legal, audit and multiple US and non-US regulators.
- Organizational courage - willingness to make tough, informed decisions and thoughtfully share independent perspectives weighing business advancement against associated risk.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0162960 CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top