Operational Risk Consultant 4 - International Control Strategy & Transformation Consultant
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Wholesale Control (WC) organization serves as the front line risk management organization within the Wholesale Banking group of Wells Fargo supporting the Wholesale businesses with risk strategy, implementation, and execution.The Wholesale Control team is accountable to assess and effectively manage risks across all risk types and Wholesale businesses delivering an integrated view of risks, producing a sustainable control environment, and instilling a culture of strong risk management.The team is responsible to identify and assess risks, design and implement controls, and execute and monitor the controls to ensure they are working effectively to manage risk across Wholesale. Wholesale Control interfaces with Independent Risk Management and Audit to drive comprehensive and consistent implementation of regulatory and corporate risk policies and programs across Wholesale.
The Wholesale Control Strategy and Transformation (CS&T) team has an opportunity for an experienced, forward-thinking Operational Risk Consultant (ORC) to join the team focused on Wells Fargo's International activities. The purpose of Wholesale CS&T is to drive efficient and effective strategic planning, development, implementation, transformation, and operational excellence, in the performance of Wholesale Control programs and capabilities. The ORC will provide support for strategic initiatives related to the assessment and development of controls for the Wholesale Lines of Businesses (LOBs) operating internationally.
A successful candidate must have experience in risk process and controls design to support the development of a strong risk & control environment and risk management culture across Wholesale Banking.This candidate should also be comfortable interacting with a virtual a team and operating in an evolving risk management environment. In addition to financial services experience, this role will require strong organizational, communication, and relationship management skills.
- Support the identification, design, and implementation of strategies that drive more effective and efficient execution of front line risk management activities while ensuring effective coordination with other business groups operating internationally.
- Design and implement sustainable controls to address issues within international, including issues identified by Wells Fargo Audit Services, Independent Risk Management, and Regulators.
- Partner closely with each of the work streams responsible for strategy and transformation (e.g. operational risk, financial crimes risk, regulatory control, etc.), as well as appropriate stakeholders within the Wholesale, PVSI and WIM Control organizations to ensure consistency in approach and execution.
- Manage relationships and foster a team orientation with corporate, business heads, legal, audit and other stakeholders.
- Promote and maintain a risk culture that encourages an informed, measured, disciplined and balanced approach to understanding and managing business process risk and controls.
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- 5+ years of financial services industry experience
- 5+ years of international banking experience
- 3+ years of wholesale banking experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Knowledge and understanding of project management principles: leading a major initiative
- Change management experience
- Ability to identify and evaluate exposures and potential risks
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
Other Desired Qualifications
- International or wholesale banking exposure
- Knowledge of domestic and international banking regulatory/supervisory frameworks.
- Ability to identify and transform existing programs that may be ineffective or deficient from a technological, operational and/or human capital perspective.
- Experience in strategic planning, operating model design, operational process engineering, operating procedures development, training and educational programs driving performance of resources, and enabling processes with technology and data enablement solutions
- Six Sigma, Kotter, Prosci- Certification
- Preferred experience in operationalizing controls within business units.
- Must be a proactive self-starter who values personal accountability and thrives under pressure in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Proven ability to navigate through ambiguity and maintain momentum driving for results and clarity in uncertain situations.
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative partnerships and facilitate efforts across business units, creating alliances among diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top