Operational Risk Consultant 4- Control Review Team
For more than 160 years, Wells Fargo has been in the risk management business. It’s central to what we do, and it’s never been more important. If you have a passion and desire to understand and help mitigate risk, you will be interested in reading further.
Who We Are…
The Wells Fargo Enterprise Information Technology Risk Management team is responsible for building and executing strategic risk programs and enabling a comprehensive view of risk across Enterprise Information Technology (EIT). Further, EIT risk management is responsible for instilling a risk management culture where businesses are accountable for understanding and managing their risk. EIT risk management is organized around shared services and divisional responsibilities to provide first-line-of-defense risk management support, both domestically and internationally.
What we are looking for…
The EIT risk management Control Review Team provides first line of defense controls assurance to executive management within EIT. We are looking for Operational Risk Consultants to help mature the control testing capability by bringing prior control design and testing experience. The roles will have to operate in a very dynamic manner, connecting and building relationships with key partners, as well as be able to perform high quality analytical work. These roles will be responsible for executing control reviews on the Control Review Team annual plan which may focus on providing controls assurance on end-to-end technology processes and/or related to specific technology assets (i.e. applications, data bases, operating systems, etc.).
The accountabilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Designs and develops testing strategies, methodologies and analyses; evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls; analyzes business and/or system changes to determine impact, identifies and assesses operational risk issues and assigns risk ratings consistent with established policy standards.
- Consults with business to develop corrective action plans and effectively manages change.
- Identifies training opportunities; designs/coordinates the development of training materials delivers or coordinates training delivery.
- Reports findings and develops business cases to influence senior management on the need for controls to mitigate risk. *Manages and/or coordinates production of periodic operational risk performance reports for senior management.
- Ensure control reviews are executed in compliance with the Control Review Team methodology and processes, as well as second-line-of-defense requirements.
- Function as a control framework, control design and control sustainability subject matter expert for the organization.
- Use team’s work to identify and drive discussion on root-causes of issues and drive impactful and sustainable control environment improvements.
- Address difficult issues, anticipating emerging issues and taking action to facilitate a resolution.
- Maintain an awareness of risks and issues and ensure appropriate escalation and follow-up takes place.
- Communicating program awareness and communicating/training regarding the program for all stakeholders.
Our environment continues to be one of heightened standards, raised risk consciousness, and regulatory requirements. The model through which we deliver risk programs and oversight is changing. This role provides credible challenge to enterprise technology groups, consistent with the Wells Fargo Vision & Values and risk appetite.
Preferred locations-Des Moines, IA, Phoenix, AZ, Minneapolis, MN, Charlotte, NC. Other locations will be considered for qualified candidate.
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Experience testing policy and procedures/control testing
- Experience working with internal and external auditors and examiners
Other Desired Qualifications
- 2+ years of control testing experience
- Ability to ensure control reviews are executed in compliance with the Control Review Team methodology and processes, as well as second-line-of-defense requirements.
- 3+ years’ experience within a Technology business group with demonstrated knowledge of technology systems, applications, infrastructure and emerging technology and associated risks in a business environment
- Demonstrated experience clearly articulating facts, providing credible challenge to senior business leaders, preparing senior leaders for executive presentations with data that is accurate and relevant
- Demonstrated excellence at identifying stakeholders needs and driving to resolution
- Ability to fluently articulate business strategy and operations; translating organizational strategies into clear objectives and business action
- Demonstrated ability to manage in a matrix environment both domestically and internationally
- Professional certifications such as CPA, CSCP, CRCM, CGEIT, CRISC, CITP, CISA, CISSP
- Experience in developing constructive and transparent relationships across business groups.
- Demonstrated consultative skills with the ability to build collaborative relationships with the various business units, divisions, departments
- Ability to translate ambiguous ideas/issues into well-defined plans/solutions; while influencing decision-making
- Ability to influence policies and procedures to comply with Corporate and Regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated competency with accurate verbal and written communications and the ability to present complex ideas in the right voice for the intended audience
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0070860 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top