Operational Risk Consultant 4
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people – those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune’s 2015 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company’s four main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wealth Management (WM): Wealth Management business is a leading provider of financial services to high-net worth clients through Wells Fargo Private Bank, and to the affluent segment through partnerships between Wealth Brokerage Services and the Community Bank. In Wealth Management, clients are provided with a complete range of solutions to help them manage, preserve and transfer their wealth.
Wealth Management Operational Risk has an opening for an Operational Risk Consultant 4. This individual will be a key member of our Operational Risk team with responsibility for the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) and Internal Loss Database (ILD).
For RCSA, this team member will be responsible for the overall oversight of the Risk and Control Self-Assessment for the businesses supported by the Wealth Operational Risk Management team. The team member will facilitate risk and control assessments with the various risk teams (lines of business, WIM Operational Risk Management, etc.) to ensure business risk is appropriately updated with significant changes to products and/or services and reported in RCSA in compliance with corporate standards.
For ILD, this position will be responsible for reviewing and reporting loss events to ensure they are appropriately identified, described, categorized, and updated within the ILD system of record to ensure compliance with corporate standards. Other Operational Risk related responsibilities include:
- Maintenance of corporate Operational Risk Platform tools including, RCSA, ILD, and SHRP (SHared Risk Platform).
- Managed Data Loss Prevention email activity, which includes working with the LOB for incident research, assessment, and reporting.
- Researching and reporting LOB operating losses to senior management.
- Researching and reporting fraud related activities.
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience with Risk Management and/or Audit in an Operations environment; or 6+ years of experience in the banking and investment business.
- 2+ years proven experience with policy review, interpretation and LOB implementation.
- Demonstrated experience with RCSA and ILD.
- Demonstrated expertise in Risk Assessment and Control Testing activities.
- Broadly recognized for knowledge / understanding (financial, operations, regulatory, and technology) across Wealth Management businesses.
- Working knowledge of Wealth Management lines of business.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communications, problem solving and interpersonal skills with all staff levels, including senior management.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience as a collaborator who has built successful relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage competing priorities and functions.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0109297 CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top