Operational Risk Consultant 3 Risk Assessment and Control Monitoring
The position leading the IBSC BRM Risk & Assessment program provides program development and maintenance around these key processes. The programs are administered to ensure transparency to risks and control effectives within corporate risk toolsets and to communicate with key business and LOB partners.
Key aspects of this role including developing effective partnerships within the business, with WORG, other line of business (LOBs) OR Assurance professionals, regional Operational Risk Management (ORM), and across operations teams. Teamwork and collaboration are essential to understanding the business risk and ensuring the control environment is effectively aligned to our risk appetite and strategy.
The IBSC BRM team provides oversight and subject matter expertise for specific corporate risk management program (CRMP) risks typically not aligned to technology risks, in addition to oversight of key ops risk platform tools: ILD, SHRP and RCSA
Key Responsibilities under management within this team include:
- Serve as Business Process Risk Management (BPRM) point of contact across IGO
- Provide review and credible challenge associated with any Risk & Control Assessments associated with High-Risk Business Processes
- Participate in any BPRM rescoring or reconcilement workstreams
- Perform and coordinate across IGO any required Risk & Control Assessments such as RCSA, ILD, ELD, ERSA, Scenario Analysis Planning, Risk Acceptance, and Lessons Learned
- Participate in any Business Support Risk Management (BPRM) projects by leading or attending any IGO workstreams such as Required Absence for Sensitive Positions, KRI Metrics and Reporting, Risk Appetite Statement and Manual Workaround Inventory
- Participate as required in any new or on-going WOGRO projects or work streams
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 2+ years of compliance experience
- 2+ years of financial services industry experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Ability to act as a liaison between WOGRO and LOB which includes the ability to consult on identified risk issues or gaps
Must have demonstrated operational risk knowledge/experience including design of effective control processes, development of test requirements and/or testing controls for effectiveness
- Demonstrated relationship building and relationship management skills; ability to work both independently and collaboratively senior line of business associates and other support partners
- Demonstrated writing skills including the ability to clearly document activities, processes and test results
- Must have strong time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Experience building a risk management program, or implementing material changes to an existing program
- Successful track record of delivering work which meets or exceeds quality standards and achieving results that meet or exceed expectations
- Experience working with the Bank's operational policies and procedures, and with corporate Operational Risk Platform tools such as SHRP, SPARC, CRAS+ and RCSA
- Ability to make difficult decisions and deliver challenging messages
- Willingness to accept challenging assignments and perform work covering a range of levels
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0042630 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top