Operational Risk Consultant 3
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune's 2017 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories .
Technology at Wells Fargo is at the heart of what enables us to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. The Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) team leads technology for one of the highest market cap financial services institutions in the world, helping 76.6 million customers conduct an average of 95 million transactions each day, helping more end-customers every day - both in the United States and across the globe - than any other division in our company.
The EIT team helps customers directly every time they do business with the company, delivering a true One Wells Fargo experience and ensuring their security, regardless of channel. EIT also helps customers by remaining trusted partners working with all lines of business to develop and deliver value-added products and services. To do this, EIT draws on the talents and motivation of thousands of technology team members across the enterprise. Altogether, EIT manages world-wide technology for more than 8,700 stores and 12,500 ATMs - larger than Starbucks and The Gap combined.
About the role
The EIT International ORC will work closely with the regional technology risk leaders and Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) divisional groups Wholesale Banking Technology, Enterprise Technology Infrastructure (ETI), Enterprise Business Technology (EBT), and Technology Chief Operating Office (TCOO). Specifically, the ORC will partner with EIT divisions and Division ORMs to ensure that international risks are accounted for by the EIT divisions and are appropriately prioritized for mitigation.
The accountabilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Review activities performed by EIT divisions for impacts to the Canada and Latin America regions.
- Assist in managing technology risk, performing control assessments, and performing reviews for already tested controls.
- Perform control review activity which includes and not limited to execution of Design and Operating Effectiveness assessments, Issue Root Cause analysis, results reporting, and / or performing quality control checks on above listed activities.
- Apply an understanding of technology disciplines (change management, availability management, information security, etc.)
- Partnering with EIT Regional Leaders to ensure EIT international risks are accounted for and prioritized with divisional teams for mitigation.
- Assist in driving consistency across the Canada and Latin America region consistent to the Enterprise while prioritizing regional technology risks to EIT.
- Collaborate with US teams in day-to-day job execution and provide guidance as and when needed.
Market Skills and Certifications
- 4+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both;
- 4+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, or a BS/BA degree or higher in business related field;
- 4+ years of reporting experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to articulate and describe complex concepts both verbally and in written form in a clear and concise manner
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Experience with risk control frameworks (NIST, FFEIC, COBIT, ITIL,COSO)
- Certified or in pursuit of certifications that support business or risk related knowledge/experience (FINRA, PMP, CRISC, CFE, CISSP, CISA, CISM, CIA, ISO 27001, etc.)
- Experience in multiple areas of global regulatory compliance, including risks and issues related to data privacy and general banking regulations
- Exceptional personal accountability and time management skills; leads by example, fosters trust and is aligned with the Banks vision and values.
- Must be able to handle complex projects including but not limited to complex technologies and environment
- Prior experience in comprehensive risk ownership and accountability for the risk profile positioning.
- Track record of providing constructive challenge with appropriate issue escalation and offering solution.
- Relationship building and relationship management skills
- Graduate level degree or equivalent
Visit our Recruitment Centers:
1. Uptown: Ground floor, Uptown Cluster 2 Building, 36th Street, Uptown Bonifacio, Taguig City. Mondays through Fridays, from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
2. McKinley Hill: 1180 Wells Fargo Drive, McKinley Hill, Upper McKinley Road, Taguig City. Mondays through Fridays, from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Important note : In the interest of a faster and easier application process, kindly bring the following documents if they are available: valid government IDs (2 primary or 4 secondary), Certificate of Employment from your 2nd to the most recent employer with your start and end date, NSO-issued birth certificate, proof of SSS, TIN, Pag-Ibig, PhilHealth, and proof of education. Thank you for your cooperation
Internal only : Interested team members must have at least 12 months tenure in current role and not under current Corrective Action. Team members should inform their manager prior application for career coaching and consultation on how the position you have applied fits in your career development plan.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top