Operational Risk Consultant 2
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune's 2017 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories .
About Wells Fargo EGS (India) Private Limited
We are hiring for a position in Wells Fargo EGS (India) Private Limited. We are a critical component of the Wells Fargo strategy to leverage distinct advantages of a global environment.
Currently we are 12000+ strong team members with 3 locations (Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad) in India and 1 center in Manila.
Wholesale Operational Risk and Compliance (WORC) Testing Execution Team is responsible for executing regulatory and operational risk testing coverage for Wholesale Banking and certain lines of business within Wholesale Banking.
The resource will execute test script scenarios by reviewing multiple documents and/or data outputs to compare to standards, and will also review policies and procedures to compare to standards. Most testing performed by the resources will be focused on system controls, or review of documentation housed in corporate systems of record.
- Working with Wholesale Banking complex lines of business to execute required compliance and operational risk testing
- Execute testing strategies in accordance with Regulatory Compliance Risk Management policies and procedures
- Exhibit credible challenge and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes and internal controls while maintaining professional independence throughout the testing engagement
- Document end to end process flows including dependencies, risks, controls, inputs/outputs, systems, gap identification, etc
- Report findings and provide recommendations to both Wholesale Banking and the line of business
- Provide compliance expertise and potential solutions to identified gaps and associated risks to the line of business and Wholesale Banking
Market Skills and Certifications
BBA, B.Com, BBM, M.Com, MBA or equivalent degree ( Applied sciences, mathematics, statistics, economics, finance, or criminal justice )
Relevant Certifications/ Experience:
Testing and Validation Experience
1-2 Years of relevant Experience and an overall work experience of2 to6 Years
At least 1 year must include direct experience in compliance or operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the mgmt. of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk). Experience with risk management tools.
- Experience executing detailed test instructions or quality assurance reviews to assess controls or process effectiveness.
- Experience with risk management tools.
- Ability to develop and foster partnerships and influence change.
- Adaptable to a dynamic work environment with multiple priorities and strict timelines and able to organize for responsiveness and efficiency.
- Proven ability to work within a team environment as well as individual accountability.
- Experience working knowledge in large complex organizations
- Understanding of US banking regulatory requirements
- Tools/Systems needed: Microsoft Excel, Visio, and Word
These are internal tools for the internal posting:
Working knowledge of ORG Platform tools uses and reporting, e.g., CICAT, CRAS+, ORIS
ORG Platform tools and reporting, e.g., CICAT, CRAS+ , ORIS, SHRP (2016)
- Analytical Skills
- Attention to Detail
- English Comprehension
- Quality Assurance
- Verbal Communication
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top