Operational Risk Consultant
Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), Hong Kong, London, Seoul.
About the role
The position sits within the 2 nd Line of Defence EMEA Operational Risk team reporting to an Operational Risk manager. In this role, the candidates Operational Risk experience will combine with their subject matter expertise to support and provide credible challenge across all aspects of EMEA such as Treasury and Finance including:
- Management Reporting
- Financial Control and Reporting
- Product Control
- Regulatory Reporting
The candidate will additionally facilitate the regions approach and completion of Operational Risk Scenario Analysis. In turn supporting the calculation and allocation of Operational Risk Capital.
Have an understanding of the key processes that support the above.
Have an appreciation of the complexity of Wells Fargo as a matrix based organisation made up of multiple entities.
- Works with complex business units and provides operational risk expertise and consulting for projects and initiatives with high risk, generally spanning multiple business lines.
- Works with Operational Risk Champions and Operational Risk managers within the Support Function to ensure operational risk management programs are woven into daily activities.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls; analyze business and/or system changes to determine impact, identify and assess operational risk issues. This will include business process risk mapping to WF standards.
- Enhance oversight & credible challenge of business risks and effectiveness of controls in RCSA process.
- Provision of operational risk support, advice and guidance to ensure appropriate operating procedures and controls are in place.
- Report findings and develop business cases to influence senior management on the need for controls to mitigate risk
- Consult with business to develop corrective action plans and effectively manage change
- Support self-disclosure of risks and proactively monitor Issues & Actions to ensure that progress is made, information is updated to SHRP system, issues are escalated appropriately and effectively reported. Verification to ensure risk is mitigated.
- Maintain internal control standards, including timely mitigation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external auditors.
- Works closely and collaboratively with the wider Operational Risk team.
- Works with operational risk management tools to ensure an accurate representation of the risk profile for each related entity and aggregation into the EMEA profile.
- Support the operation of the EMEA governance structures and attend appropriate governance committees.
- Cross train to support depth of coverage within ORM team
- In addition to these functions, team members are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Qualified accountantwith provenexperience (ACA/ACCA/ CIMA)
- HBSC/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Operational Risk qualification a plus
- Experience of Operational Risk scenario analysis
- Knowledge of Operational Risk Capital and modelling is desirable
- Experience in or equivalent experience in Operational Risk , Treasury, Finance or Audit covering
- similar functions
- Prior success in working and communicating with senior level executives.
- Strong relationship manager skills to build and maintain key relationships with business and other key stakeholders
- Strong commercial awareness of the financial drivers and risk activities of banking services
- Must be able to think strategically lead the implementation of processes, systems and change initiatives to meet analytical and reporting needs.
- Strong understanding of expected controls
- Knowledge and background in evaluating, measuring and managing financial and reputation risk
- Proven ability and experience in being able to look at the big picture across a risk program and implement successful strategy and solutions
- Proven ability to analyze data and raise potential risks to management
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team within the Operational Risk Group and with senior line of business associates and other support partners
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and adherence to strict deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changing and competing priorities.
- Strong management reporting skills, ability to translate data into actionable MI
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top