Operational Risk & Compliance Manager
Market Job Description About the Role
International Risk Oversight (IRO) is part of the enterprise Operational Risk Management group providing risk management and oversight for all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions with activities outside the United States. We are looking for a proactive experienced Operational Risk Consultant 4 to work closely with key business partners to help manage the Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Business Compliance Program Evaluations process for the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region. The Candidate will be responsible for evaluating the EMEA business compliance programs on an ongoing basis to ensure their adherence to the RCRM Policy and Procedures and other corporate regulatory policies and procedures; provide credible challenge to management decisions, business processes, and activities; and report on their programs’ state of compliance.
The preferred Candidate possesses a knowledge base and enterprise-level regulatory compliance risk experience to be able to interact with lines of business and support functions to critically evaluate programs and controls, exercise credible challenge when appropriate, and facilitate suitable solutions. The candidate will also have the ability to visualize beyond immediate legal and risk concerns, and be able to identify future and/or potential risk events associated with the practices. In addition, the candidate will be aware of cultural and other aspects unique to the international environment in order to interact with individuals throughout the globe.
Market Skills and Certifications
Extensive years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both
- Enterprise level compliance or risk experience for a financial services company.
- Proven history of working with regulators and auditors and experience with exams and audits.
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment.
- SharePoint administration and maintenance for collaboration sites.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including: Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio.
- Demonstrated ability to meet strict deadlines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Strong organizational, time management, and project management skills.
- Ability to interact with senior management.
- Knowledge and understanding of Implementation strategy development and delivery.
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies, processes, and tools
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top