Operating Systems Engineer 5
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk.We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk, and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Since 1852, customers have trusted that Wells Fargo would keep their assets secure from theft and always available. Today, maintaining customer trust remains our underlying operating principle.
Enterprise Information Security's (EIS) vision is to provide Wells Fargo world leading cyber security risk management. Through a framework that addresses policy, process, operations, people, and technology, EIS protects Wells Fargo's infrastructure, corporate data, and customer assets, and ensures alignment with applicable regulations and laws. EIS is part of Wells Fargo's Corporate Risk organization and is led by the Chief Information Security Officer.
The Operating Systems Engineer 5 (OSE5) role is on the Enterprise Threat Services Technology Infrastructure Operations team within the Cyber Threat Management (CTM) group and will share responsibility in supporting system administration and engineering for multiple cyber threat tools.
This position will:
- Work closely with the CTM leadership team, technical partners, and business groups to support maintenance and develop solutions and Cyber Threat tools and innovations for the enterprise.
- Be accountable for developing and documenting tools and services that support cyber threat management initiatives.
- Support large-scale enterprise technical projects with high visibility.
- Help automate activities between CTM, CTFC, and other EIS teams.
- At times, assist incident responders to determine the risk and impact of a security threat, and possible mitigation strategies.
- Help provide crucial metrics associated with our ability to discover and react to security threats.
- 3+ years of Perl or Shell experience
- 3+ years of Python experience
- 7+ years of operating systems analysis experience, operating systems engineering experience, or a combination of both
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 5+ years of analytical experience
- Ability to translate and present complex technical data across technical and non-technical groups
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- 3+ years of Apache experience
- 3+ years of IIS experience
- 3+ years of Java experience
- 3+ years of MQ Series Messaging experience
- 3+ years of Open Source experience
- 3+ years of Puppet experience
- 3+ years of Weblogic experience
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Expert system administration and engineering knowledge of RedHat Linux
- Expert knowledge of Unix, Linux, and Windows OS experience
- 3+ years of MySQL or other DB Platform experience
- Strong technical engineering background across multiple core technologies (OS, Application, Database, Virtual/Cloud, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to understand, engineer, and deploy common large networked high-speed file systems
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple information security domains
- Demonstrated ability to work with leaders and team members at all levels and across functional lines
- Self-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled
- Flexibility to address incidents as needed 24 hours a day
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0168681 CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top