NW Equity IT Business Analyst
Please note: This is s not a Wells Fargo position but a full time opportunity with a Wells Fargo's peer organization, Norwest Equity Partners (NEP) and Norwest Mezzanine Partners (NMP).
Based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Norwest Equity Partners (NEP) and Norwest Mezzanine Partners (NMP) are affiliated investment firms focused on providing capital to growing and profitable middle market companies. The firm has raised $7.1 billion in capital to date.
Please visit www.nep.com and www.nmp.com to learn more.
This position is for Business Systems Consultant and will report to the VP of Information Technology. The person selected for this position will be responsible for partnering with user groups/depts. to include: Finance, Compliance, Marketing, Investment Staff, and other departments to gather, analyze and document business and functional requirements in order to build or enhance software applications and features. In this role, the selected employee will also serve as a project manager and technical SME for the supported applications and for the automation of the business processes of the departments using the applications.
The primary applications used by the firm are: Microsoft CRM, Microsoft Great Plains for accounting, as well as other fund management and human resource management systems.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as a liaison between stakeholders and the technical development team
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions. Launch projects by documenting business needs, forming teams, documenting requirements and identifying solutions.
- Manage projects by identifying project phases, milestones deliverables and costs; recommending actions; assigning responsibilities; monitoring progress; tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports and managing overall outcomes. Perform testing and quality assurance of functionality as part of rollout processes.
- Assess the risks of various solutions and prioritize competing business requirements. Coordinate design reviews and walk-throughs to communicate and validate proposed solutions.
- Manage application vendor relationships, contracts, services and deliverables to drive satisfaction, service levels and budgetary requirements.
This position will be located at the following address:
Norwest equity Partners ("NeP") & NORWEST MEZZANINE PARTNERS ("NMP")
80 S. 8th Street, Suite 3600, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
- 5+ years of information technology experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in technology, business, or related field
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience working with Microsoft financial or CRM software applications to include MS Dynamics CRM and MS Great Plains as an end user or in a support role responsible for configuration, management and support a plus.
- Hands-on database, application configuration, scripting and data analytics technical skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology application development
- Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC): all phases and types of testing
- Project management and vendor management experience
- Related project management or business analysis certification
- Ability to facilitate functional and systems design sessions
- Experience writing end user documentation for business applications or processes.
- SQL query writing and reporting experience
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced MS office skills
- Prior related experience working in a transforming or evolving environment where applications, infrastructure and organizations are changing
MN-Minneapolis: 80 S 8th St - Minneapolis, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0070040 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top