National Underwriting Production Evaluation Manager (SAFE) 3
Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs:
Our product is service.
Our value added is financial advice and guidance.
Our competitive advantage is our people. It all begins with outstanding talent.
In Consumer Lending, we've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The Consumer Lending team includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Dealer Services, including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Mortgage team supports the nation's leading originator and servicer of residential mortgages.
National Underwriting and Production Risk Management (NUPRM) provides support for transaction underwriting, managing production risk, and implementation of policies and procedures that support the home lending process. As part of Wells Fargo Home Lending, NUPRM identifies and adopts best practices and controls in relation to retail mortgage products.
The National Underwriting Production Manager 3 for the Changed Circumstance Validation team will be a key partner to mitigate risks for our customers and collaborating with leadership across Sales, Fulfillment and NUPRM, in disclosure and fee oversight space.
Manages and monitors lending activities for a specific business unit within NURPM. Functions may include: ensuring conformity with company/regulatory policies and procedures; direct and manage pre-fund activities, including performance of comprehensive, loan level analyses of mortgage loans in process, withdrawn, denied and completed approvals and purchases for adherence to federal regulations. Follows interpretation of groups established procedures and standards. Follows established program direction and regulatory change management. Follows management and administrative procedures to ensure adherence to policies. Financial and budget responsibilities include controlling expenses. May be responsible for preparing or reviewing reports provided to senior management regarding portfolio performance.
This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
- 8+ years of lending experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- Mortgage industry experience
- Mortgage risk experience
- Leadership skills including; coaching, training, and mentoring
- Experience developing partnerships and collaborating with other business and functional areas
- Knowledge and understanding of traditional fulfillment functions such as processing, underwriting, and closing
- Exposure to the Wells Fargo's CORE origination system
- Ability to consult, build, and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of immediate department
- Ability to present reports to and interact with senior leaders
- Ability to interact effectively and confidently with senior management
- Ability to present results of analyses and recommendations to senior leaders
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge and understanding of lending policies, regulations, and compliance – specifically extensive knowledge of TRID guidelines and policies.
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
MN-Minneapolis: 2701 Wells Fargo Way - Minneapolis, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0031226 WF CONSLNDG GRP
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top