Municipal Credit Analyst
Municipal Principal Investing Group Overview
The Group, which is part of Wells Fargo’s internal investment portfolio, manages a portfolio of public bonds issued by municipalities nationwide. The investment strategy is based on comprehensive credit analysis and the Group leverages Wells Fargo’s credit culture and asset management expertise to identify attractive investment opportunities for the bank.
The Group is seeking a qualified credit analyst to assume coverage of a portfolio of investments in one or more of the following municipal industries: higher education, utilities, healthcare, and transportation.
- Perform fundamental credit analysis to evaluate investment opportunities in the primary and secondary markets, and to assign internal credit ratings
- Perform relative value analysis in order to identify opportunities with favorable risk/return
- Collaborate with the portfolio managers, team leads and peers to arrive at optimal investment recommendations
- Monitor industry themes to assess key trends and to update the team on the potential impact to the portfolio
- Prepare quarterly and annual monitoring reports on existing investments
- Work together with internal partners (risk, operations, and finance) to support the continued growth of the portfolio
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 1+ year of investment research experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Bloomberg
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong presentation skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Strong interest in financial markets and public policy, and strong financial modeling skills
- Buy-side investing, investment banking, commercial banking and/or sell-side research experience
- Energetic self-starter who is flexible, organized, conscientious, proactive, and detail-oriented
- Bachelor’s degree with academic distinction, preferably with concentration in finance, accounting, mathematics, economics, or engineering
- MBA, CFA, or CPA designation
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0131856 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top