Mortgage Sales Associate (SAFE)
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. Our group includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Wells Fargo Auto, and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs: Our product is service. Our value added is financial advice and guidance. Our competitive advantage is our people. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer ( Source: Inside Mortgage Finance )
Our Mortgage Origination team builds strong relationships with consumers and referral partners to help our customers reach their personal and financial goals through homeownership.
We have an immediate opening for a Mortgage Sales Associate (Home Mortgage Assistant). This is an entry level sales position responsible for administrative marketing and sales support to Home Mortgage Consultants, Sales Supervisors or Branch Sales Managers. This individual learns selling skills and sales processes, obtains clear directions from Home Mortgage Consultant/Sales Supervisor/Branch Manager in building and/or maintaining relationships with current and prospective clients and customers while providing excellent customer service.
Job responsibilities focus in four key areas: risk/compliance, business development, customer experience, and process execution.
Individuals in this role will:
- Develop knowledge of company products, policies and procedures, and underwriting requirements
- Understand real estate appraisals, title reports, and real estate transactions
- Inform prospective and existing customers and clients of WFHM programs, rates, policies, underwriting requirements, and loan procedures
- Receive customer applications and complete follow-up activities with the registration lock-in
- Perform miscellaneous duties as needed and required
This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
- 1+ year of sales experience, mortgage industry experience, or a combination of both
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Mortgage industry experience
- Bilingual speaking proficiency in Spanish/English
- Customer service experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 6+ months of experience navigating multiple computer systems, applications and utilizing search tools to find information
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- Ability to lift 20+ pounds
- Reliable transportation
CA-Irvine: 3200 El Camino Real - Irvine, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0032593 COMMUNITY BKG
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top