Mortgage Processor (SAFE) 4
Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision - and design every product and service - with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The Consumer Lending team includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Dealer Services, including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Fulfillment team originates and services mortgage loans using fair and responsible lending practices to help turn houses into homes.
Responsible for file review of complex home loan applications. Functions are varied and include one or any number of the following:
- Timely and clear communication with customers, HMCs, settlement agents, brokers, and other counter-parties to obtain missing information and documentation for the loan file
- Obtaining and possibly clearing some approval stipulations
- Submitting loan file to underwriting for review
- Ensuring all compliance and underwriting guidelines are met
- Entering loan information into the system
- Prioritizing and/or managing assigned pipeline to meet anticipated closing date and performance metrics
- May provide guidance and training to other Mortgage Processors
This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
- 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: customer service, loan administration, collections, or sales environment
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy skills
- 1+ year of processing experience and/or closing conforming and non conforming loan products
- Ability to provide strong customer service and develop customer relationships
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional manner
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0031063 WF CONSLNDG GRP
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top