Mortgage Processor (SAFE) 4
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. Our group includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Wells Fargo Auto, and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs: Our product is service. Our value added is financial advice and guidance. Our competitive advantage is our people. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer ( Source: Inside Mortgage Finance )
Our Fulfillment team originates and services mortgage loans using fair and responsible lending practices to help turn houses into homes.
Responsible for file review of complex home loan applications. Functions are varied and include one or any number of the following:
- Timely and clear communication with customers, HMCs, settlement agents, brokers, and other counter-parties to obtain missing information and documentation for the loan file
- Obtaining and possibly clearing some approval stipulations
- Submitting loan file to underwriting for review
- Ensuring all compliance and underwriting guidelines are met
- Entering loan information into the system
- Prioritizing and/or managing assigned pipeline to meet anticipated closing date and performance metrics
- May provide guidance and training to other Mortgage Processors
- 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: customer service, loan administration, collections, or sales environment
- 1+ year of processing experience and/or closing conforming and non conforming loan products
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Knowledge and understanding of mortgage origination: applications, processing, and closing
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0100396 COMMUNITY BKG
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top