Mortgage Loan Closer 2
- Minneapolis, MN
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Banking is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers, in addition to operating one of the most extensive banking franchises in the country. We serve mass market, affluent, and small business customers; as well as provide home and personal lending. Our focus is on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers through financial advice and guidance coupled with providing the products and services that will help them realize their financial hopes and dreams. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Responsible for the mortgage closing process after assignment which includes: prioritizing and managing complex pipeline to anticipate estimated closing date; working knowledge of entire closing process; clears closing stipulations; conducts welcome call to Settlement Agent; monitors files through underwriting and follows up with 3rd parties; schedules closing and meets closing date; closes and funds loans; communicates with customer; independently resolves any conflicts that may arise. Team Members in this role have the ability to perform both closing and funding activities for moderately complex loans.
This LO position has customer contact and job duties which may include needs assessing and referring those customers interested in a dwelling secured product to a SAFE team member. This position includes assisting customers without taking an application and without offering or negotiating terms of a dwelling secured transaction. Individuals in a LO position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
- 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: customer service, loan administration, collections, or sales environment demonstrated through work or military experience
- 1+ year of mortgage, banking, or financial services experience
- Ability to make independent judgment calls based on regulatory knowledge
- Experience building and maintaining effective relationships with customers and internal partners
- Ability to handle information professionally and confidentially
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Ability to work independently
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Customer service focus with the ability to actively listen, elicit information, comprehend customer issues/needs, and recommend solutions
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- 1+ year of mortgage industry experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate complex material to a diverse audience
- 1+ year of loan processing experience, loan funding experience, or a combination of both
- 1+ year of FHA/VA experience
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $36,500 Mid: $50,000
MN-Minneapolis: 2701 Wells Fargo Way - Minneapolis, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top