Mortgage Closer (LO) 4
Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending Group (CLG) is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision – and design every product and service – with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people – those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The CLG team includes Home Lending, Personal Loans and Lines, Direct Auto, Dealer Services, Commercial Auto, Retail Services and Education Financial Services including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
- Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Fulfillment team originates and services mortgage loans using fair and responsible lending practices to help turn houses into homes.
Responsible for the mortgage closing process after assignment which includes: prioritizing and managing complex pipeline to anticipate estimated closing date; working knowledge of entire closing process; clears closing stipulations; conducts welcome call to Settlement Agent; monitors files through underwriting and follows up with 3rd parties; schedules closing and meets closing date; closes and funds loans; communicates with customer; independently resolves any conflicts that may arise
This LO position has customer contact and job duties which may include needs assessing and referring those customers interested in a dwelling secured product to a SAFE team member. This position includes assisting customers without taking an application and without offering or negotiating terms of a dwelling secured transaction. Individuals in a LO position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
- 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: customer service, loan administration, collections, or sales environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Customer service focus with the ability to actively listen, elicit information, comprehend customer issues/needs, and recommend solutions
- Experience building and maintaining effective relationships with customers and internal partners
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to make independent judgment calls based on regulatory knowledge
- Ability to handle information professionally and confidentially
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Mortgage industry experience
- Knowledge and understanding of loan administration: processing, underwriting, and closing
- 1+ year of processing experience and/or closing conforming and non conforming loan products
- Experience closing home mortgage loan products
- Experience managing a pipeline of work from assignment to completion
- Knowledge and understanding of home loan processing
- Exposure to the Wells Fargo’s CORE origination system
- Knowledge and understanding of closing and underwriting of government loans (FHA or VA), bond loans and manufactured housing loans
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo’s compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
CO-Englewood: 9780 S Meridian Blvd – Englewood, CO
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0030817 WF CONSLNDG GRP
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top