Mortgage Claims Analyst 2
Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs:
Our product is service.
Our value added is financial advice and guidance.
Our competitive advantage is our people. It all begins with outstanding talent.
In Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending Group (CLG), we’ve built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what’s needed to succeed. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The CLG team includes Home Lending, Personal Loans and Lines, Direct Auto, Dealer Services, Commercial Auto, Retail Services and Education Financial Services including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
- Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer ( Source: Inside Mortgage Finance )
Our Default Servicing team engages, understands and advises consumer real estate customers of available solutions to resolve mortgage delinquencies.
The Mortgage Claims Analyst 2 position will be responsible for the filing of claims for FHA portfolios. In this role, you will serve as the core decision maker verifying a volume of complex files utilizing multiple resources. The Analyst will file timely claims by reviewing documents submitted by vendors and attorneys to ensure the accuracy of services performed on default properties according to investor standards. Majority of time in this role will be reviewing and filing claims. Moderate communication, both written and verbal, may be required in corresponding with the partnering vendors and attorneys. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are critical in managing the pipeline of daily claims.
The position will include, but not be limited to, the below functions:
- Responsible for the review, research, analysis, calculation and submission of mortgage claims that are highly complex in nature
- This function includes but not limited to: extensive investigation to determine claim ability to investors and insurers, reviewing all billing statements and payments to vendors, attorneys, and property preservation services for accuracy, reviewing loans for appropriate documentation and completes regular follow up with foreclosure attorneys, internal departments and others for missing information
- Uses relevant information and independent judgment to review and file claims while ensuring compliance with all federal, state, client and company policies, procedures and regulations
- Interacts and communicates with agencies, investors, and insurers as well as mid-level management, staff, and cross business units
- Provides guidance to lower level team members
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: customer service, loan administration, collections, operations, or sales environment; or 2+ years in a combination of the following: disputes, claims resolution, or fraud resolution; or an BS/BA degree or higher
Other Desired Qualifications
- Default or loan servicing experience
- Experience reading, analyzing, and interpreting documents/reports
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to identify and resolve problems
- Ability to manage a pipeline of work from assignment to completion
- Ability to navigate multiple computer system windows, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo’s compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy – West Des Moines, IA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0189224 WF CONSLNDG GRP
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top