Middle Market Portfolio Manager 2
Middle Market Banking solicits and maintains relationships with businesses by offering a full array of credit, technologically advanced treasury management and investment products. Our 1,000 full-time employees manage more than 10,000 Commercial customers. These relationships represent a range of industries including agriculture, hi-tech, retail, real estate and manufacturing. MMB is committed to our customers' business success through solid, long-term customer relationships.
The Portfolio Manager 2 is the most senior level position focused on managing a large and very complex credit portfolio of upper middle market account relationships within the Regional Commercial Banking Office (RCBO). The ideal candidate will not only monitor the portfolio but will engage in analysis as well as writing credit memos. This position is located in New Orleans but will support our Baton Rouge office as well.
General responsibilities include:
- Working with senior management, relationship managers and credit to originate, monitor and grow middle market relationships.
- Specifically accountable for credit underwriting and origination, portfolio monitoring, renewals and annual reviews, coordination of pricing, and for revenue growth, cross-sell and relationship profitability.
- Manages and promotes the maintenance of a portfolio that adheres to all applicable credit policies and compliance requirements.
- Works with clients directly to understand credit needs and represents the bank in developing and maintaining client relationships.
- May periodically assist with office risk management duties and managing overall account relationships.
- Responsibilities may also include training, supervision and/or mentoring of analysts or junior portfolio managers.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of account relationship management experience, credit underwriting management experience, or a combination of both
- Underwriting experience including advanced commercial or specialty group relationship portfolio credit
- Experience negotiating interest rates, price, terms, and collateral requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial and specialty group banking products and services
- Solid knowledge and understanding of credit policy, loan servicing, risk management, and group underwriting requirements
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0208880 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top