Middle Market Portfolio Manager 2
The Wells Fargo Middle Market Banking Group (MMB) solicits and maintains relationships with businesses by offering a full array of credit, technologically advanced treasury management and investment products. These relationships represent a range of industries offering professional services, sports finance, general commercial, manufacturing, distribution, private equity groups, and global companies among other specialties. MMB is committed to our customers' business success through solid, long-term customer relationships.
The Inland Empire RCBO Regional Commercial Banking Office (RCBO) has an immediate opening for a Middle Market Portfolio Manager 2 to join the growing and expanding credit team. The successful candidate will work with public and private companies with revenues ranging from $20 Million to $1 Billion+ in the Inland Empire. This position will be based in the Ontario, CA office. The Middle Market Portfolio Manager 2 is focused on managing a complex credit portfolio of middle market account relationships within the RCBO. General responsibilities include:
- Working with senior management, relationship managers and other credit professionals to originate, monitor and grow middle market relationships.
- Driving and completing credit underwriting analysis, portfolio monitoring activities, renewals and annual reviews as well as assisting with office risk management duties.
- Working in partnership with relationship managers and internal partners to coordinate pricing, revenue growth, cross-sell and relationship profitability
- Managing and promoting the maintenance of a portfolio that adheres to all applicable credit policies and compliance requirements.
- Interacting with clients directly to understand credit needs and represent the bank in developing and maintaining client relationships.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of account relationship management experience, credit underwriting management experience, or a combination of both
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience negotiating interest rates, price, terms, and collateral requirements
- Underwriting experience including advanced commercial or specialty group relationship portfolio credit
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial and specialty group banking products and services
- Solid knowledge and understanding of credit policy, loan servicing, risk management, and group underwriting requirements
Other Desired Qualifications
- Strong Excel modeling skills
- Commercial account relationship, commercial credit underwriting, workout, or risk management experience and/or graduation from a commercial credit training program.
- Experience with middle to large corporate size companies and complex credits
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0002703 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top