Middle Market Banking Relationship Associate 2 - Birmingham, AL
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Wells Fargo Middle Market Banking Group (MMB) solicits and maintains relationships with businesses by offering a full array of credit, technologically advanced treasury management and investment products. These relationships represent a range of industries including professional services, general commercial, manufacturing, distribution, and global companies among other specialties. MMB is committed to our customers' business success through solid, long-term customer relationships.
The Middle Market Banking Relationship Associate 2 (RA) shares leadership roles with relationship managers in managing a moderate-large portfolio of commercial middle market accounts. The RA serves as the customers' main point of contact for operational questions. Duties include:
- independently and proactively handles customer issues and problems;
- monitors overdrafts and other funds movement activity in a customer-focused manner, understanding risk and securing necessary approvals;
- confirms additional source of funds and partners with office management in decision making process;
- coordinates activities and solves problems with various operations center, internal bank departments and outside vendors;
- manages "owning the customer experience" approach and effectively executes on all standard protocols regarding interactions with customers;
- independently and/or collaboratively with relationship manager and/or other treasury management office sales staff, conducts customer courtesy calls, both by phone and in-person, for the purposes of relationship building and identifying cross-sell opportunities;
- gathers deposit and treasury management documentation from customers in a customer-focused manner;
- serves as a key partner with treasury management in managing the customer experience during treasury management implementations and beyond for all net new customers and new product sales;
- partners with the customer service manager to resolve issues and provides status updates on implementations;
- helps with customer onboarding, due diligence as well as any other associated risk management matters where required;
- may serve as a subject matter expert for the office and provide new hire and/or ongoing systems, processes, policies and procedures training;
- trains and/or mentors less experienced Relationship Associates; and partners with customer service manager to complete line of business operational projects as necessary
- 3+ years of account relationship management support experience, customer service experience or a combination of both
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Commercial banking experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0019499 WHOLESALE BANKING
Back to top