Middle Market Banking Regional Sales Manager
The Regional Sales Manager will create sales opportunities for the RCBOs, routinely as the initial contact for prospective customers located throughout Eastern South Carolina. He/she will increase Wells Fargo's relevancy to prospective customers and position the RCBO, leadership, and product partners for new business opportunities through consistent calling efforts, contact marketing strategies, and delivery of value added ideas. The successful candidate will partner with the Regional Vice President to develop the RCBOs' sales strategies and lead marketing efforts in defined territories. The Regional Sales Manager will also assist with sales processes including prospect prioritization, initial contact and pursuit strategy, identification of fit and opportunity, due diligence and proposal development, and overall management of new customer acquisition. He/she will work with the RCBOs to initiate and advance new business transactions (including cross-sell opportunities) through a diversity of Wholesale channels within the Bank.
Extensive and regular travel throughout territory is required.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of commercial sales experience
- Account relationship management experience
- Experience growing a business or portfolio of clients
- Experience negotiating interest rates, price, terms, and collateral requirements
- Marketing experience
- Risk management experience
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of commercial or specialty group: lending, loan servicing, products, and credit practices
Other Desired Qualifications
- Demonstrated success in sales, marketing and overall relationship management.
- 3+ year track record of new business development and/or growing a portfolio of customers in the business banking, commercial/middle market, and/or corporate banking segments
- Substantial cold calling experience
- Experience in and knowledge of the Charleston and other eastern South Carolina markets
- Comprehensive knowledge of commercial banking credit practices (structuring and underwriting experience) and other banking services commonly provided by major banking institutions such as treasury management, liquidity management, commercial insurance, hedging/risk management products, employee benefits, and global banking services, investment banking products, asset based lending products, and other capital markets solutions
- Accounting, finance or economics based education or background; MBA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0079094 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top