Middle Market Banking Portfolio Manager 2 Credit Services Team Lead
In connection with Middle Market Credit Administration's mission of supporting risk management activities along with early talent development, Middle Market Credit Services, (fka Centralized Underwriting), has an immediate opportunity for a Portfolio Manager 2 Team Lead in Dallas, TX. Nationally, Centralized Underwriting manages 2,200 relationships with direct and operating exposure of up to $20 million; total credit exposure underwriting responsibilities exceed $3.3 billion. The selected candidate will lead a team that directly participates in the credit support of the Regional Commercial Banking Offices (RCBO's) in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas and Missouri as part of Middle Market South Region.
The Portfolio Manager 2 Team Lead will be focused on managing a large credit portfolio of middle market account relationships within the Credit Services Group. General responsibilities include working with senior management, relationship managers and credit to originate, monitor and grow middle market relationships. Specifically accountable for credit underwriting and origination, portfolio monitoring, renewals and annual reviews, and coordination of pricing. Manages and promotes the maintenance of a portfolio that adheres to all applicable credit policies and compliance requirements. Works directly with Relationship Managers and other RCBO team members to understand credit needs and represents the bank in developing and maintaining client relationships. May or may not have revenue generation goals.
This position will act as a "team leader" with "hands-on" training/leadership responsibility for a group of junior analysts/FAs. Under the direction of a CU Site Manager/LTM, this position would have direct reports ("core team") plus "dotted line" supervisory relationships with FAs managed by Regional Financial Analyst Managers ("RFAMs"). This position is generally assigned credit authority (DCAA).
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of account relationship management experience, credit underwriting management experience, or a combination of both
- Underwriting experience including advanced commercial or specialty group relationship portfolio credit
- Experience negotiating interest rates, price, terms, and collateral requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial and specialty group banking products and services
- Solid knowledge and understanding of credit policy, loan servicing, risk management, and group underwriting requirements
Other Desired Qualifications
- Graduate of a Commercial Credit Training Program
- Experience with recruiting new team members, including financial analysts and other junior credit support
- Experience with credit training and development of credit training programs
- Experience in reviewing the work of others
- Proactive customer service skills
- Has or has previously been delegated credit approval authority
- Proficiency with the following systems applications
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Moody's Risk Analysis (MRA) Statement Spreading
- Credit View
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0062782 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top