Middle Market Banking Analytic Consultant 5
The Information Services and Tools (IST) team within Middle Market Banking is looking for an independent and enthusiastic Analytic Consultant to join the group. This role is responsible for translating data into information, performing complex analysis, and providing credit portfolio insight to sr. management by leveraging various data environments pertaining to the credit industry, including commercial credit. The person in this position will also be responsible for reviewing, monitoring, compiling, and analyzing complex credit portfolio information in accordance with credit policy.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Team-up with business partners to identify both internal and external data sources for commercial credit analytics
- Leverage various data environments including, and not limited to, Teradata and SQL Server, MS Access and flat files
- Profile, validate, and design analytic environments to satisfy analytic requests and initiatives
- Consolidate data using SSIS to ensure data stability and consistency
- Prioritize analytic projects exhibiting strong project management skills
- Consult with business partners and propose appropriate measurements and credit monitoring methodologies
- Demonstrate ability to drive decision making through consensus building approach
- Respond to requests for customized reports and ad-hoc analysis.
- Collaborate with technology partners to help identify and implement reporting tools and other data capture projects, including defining requirements
- data profiling new data sources in collaboration with reporting and analytic teams
Preferred Location: Charlotte, NC, Minneapolis & San Francisco
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Strong SQL/Teradata background
- Data analysis and transformation with Microsoft SSIS. General Good skill set in SQL SERVER SSIS, SSRS, and Database Management. Good Skill set translates to high level of proficiency in these areas.
- Good documentation skills
- Knowledge of Middle Market data and information
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0166957 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top