Market Risk Consultant 3
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Market and Counterparty Risk Management (MCRM) Group is responsible for the measurement, reporting, monitoring and oversight of market and counterparty exposures for Wells Fargo. The group is responsible for providing effective governance over activities that create market and counterparty risk, ensuring we have robust infrastructure to capture and report on exposures, and meeting a broad set of regulatory requirements for risk management, stress-testing and capital planning. Within MCRM, the Capital Adequacy, Architecture & Controls (CAAC) team is responsible for the data, systems, models and controls for generating risk based capital calculations, executing stress testing exercises, generating regulatory reporting and providing certain risk data used in the Company's financial reports.
The Strategic Initiatives & Design (SID) team within CAAC is seeking an experienced consultant to join the team to manage critical initiatives across MCRM. This individual will partner with the head of SID as well as key MCRM leaders across Risk Architecture, Model and Quantitative Tools, Capital Adequacy, Corporate Risk Project Management Office ("PMO") and Business Management functions to execute on the strategic plan to develop robust capabilities to meet heightened regulatory and risk management needs.
This opportunity will be located in Charlotte, North Carolina and reporting directly to the Head of CAAC Strategic Initiatives & Design.
General responsibilities and considerations include:
- Consult with MCRM leadership and process owners to define and document strategy, solution requirements and business case, considering impacts and approach for people, process and technology to meet strategic risk management goals and regulator mandates
- Work with CAAC teams to develop the delivery strategy, organization and approach to define and deliver the requirements, design, and implementation activities
- Partner with the Corporate Risk PMO Project Managers, Business Management and project teams on execution and implementation
- A "Strategic Partner" work ethic that is manifested in a day-in, day-out working relationship with the existing business and risk partners.
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: trading, desk analyst, or capital markets
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of capital markets and securities experience
- Management consulting or risk management background preferred
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Highly organized and disciplined with a proven track record of delivering complex solutions from inception to implementation
- Experience with market and counterparty risk management
- Demonstrated experience using a consulting approach including understanding complex problems, identifying solutions and developing clear options and recommendations.
- Ability to lead complex, cross functional area initiatives and working groups
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple streams of work simultaneously, effectively resolving issues and conflicts as they arise
- Multi-disciplined skills set transcending finance, accounting, technology, and business expertise
- Demonstrated knowledge and appreciation of system architecture and technology capabilities from both a tactical and strategic viewpoint
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and ability to work independently
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
0049435 CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
Back to top