Market Risk Cons 4 - Counterparty Risk Architecture
The Enterprise Counterparty Risk Management (ECRM) Risk Architecture team is responsible for defining and managing the counterparty risk measurement and architecture framework for Wells Fargo trading products.
The Risk Architecture group is seeking a strong individual that will be responsible for leading daily counterparty credit risk portfolio monitoring, variance/trend analysis and reporting. Furthermore, this position will spearhead efforts in identification and implementation of process controls, documentation of counterparty credit risk architecture processes, and establishing an effective and G&O compliant architecture for daily counterparty measurement reporting needs.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced team lead and a driver of change in establishing processes, developing operational rigor and building effective partnerships within and across teams.
Primary responsibilities for this position will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Establish a successful monitoring function that manages counterparty risk measures and metrics on a daily basis
- Establish a streamlined control process to monitor, report on, and resolve issues on value added processes of counterparty risk architecture as a part of daily BAU function
- Monitor performance of internal risk measures daily via introduction of automated reporting functionality and tools
- Inventory, document, and assign ownership to new and existing risk measurement processes introduced to counterparty risk platform. Own and ensure G&O compliance on value added processes
- Identify and research key findings identified through daily variance and trend reporting
- Work closely with key partners to get to resolution on identified issues across data integrity, calculation, code and methodology components
- Effectively communicate identified issues and the resolution of the issues to downstream users of counterparty credit risk on a timely basis
- Engagement in the counterparty credit risk measurement and architecture projects to support operationally robust deliveries, including support in data analysis, UAT testing efforts, and defining data validation rules and default rules
- Work effectively with team members to understand new LoB initiatives and products and the counterparty risks being incurred by these activities.
- Other responsibilities will vary depending on the needs of the LoB, but include contributing to counterparty credit policies, participating in product audits, providing ad hoc data and information to underwriters and marketers, instructing training classes, and working on the credit risk management aspects of system developments and conversions.
- This position is expected to develop close working relationships with Counterparty Risk Analytics, Risk Technology and other risk management groups.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: trading, desk analyst, or capital markets
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry: futures, interest rate, and credit derivatives
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to manage process improvement initiatives to optimize operational effectiveness and efficiencies
Other Desired Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience in counterparty, market risk management or related capital markets field
- Strong computer skills (i.e. - complete facility with Excel, trading applications, and various market data services, as well as experience/knowledge of SQL)
- Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to develop working relationships with colleagues from across the bank including credit underwriters, legal, documentation, back office, front office, technology, and risk management.
- Knowledge of counterparty credit risk concepts (i.e. - PFE, EL, credit capital) and/or market risk (i.e. -valuation, Monte Carlo, Greeks, VaR) methodologies and systems.
- Experience with risk systems functional design and project management and familiarity with trading conventions and operating processes for trading instruments.
- Undergraduate/advanced degree in finance, economics, business, accounting, mathematics, engineering, or related field.
- CFA/PRM/FRM certification.
- Familiarity with trading desk operations and systems (i.e. - Calypso, Endur).
- Exposure to regulatory framework for traded products, including Dodd-Frank and Basel.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0049435 CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top