Market Risk Cons 2
The Corporate Credit & Market Risk group is responsible for independently overseeing the management of credit risk exposures (including monitoring and reporting on aggregate credit exposures across groups, legal entities, geographies, and jurisdictions) and the quality of credit risk management practices across the company. This oversight extends to all phases of a loan's life cycle, including origination, underwriting, risk analysis, approval, documentation, boarding, monitoring, loss recognition, modification, and collection activities. Corporate Credit & Market Risk is responsible for delegating and/or removing credit and investment approval authorities to the lines of business.
More specifically, Corporate Credit & Market Risk develops, maintains and ensures adherence to enterprise-wide credit risk frameworks, policies, and procedures that are aligned with Board-approved risk appetite.
The Corporate Market Risk Group (CMRG) within the Corporate Credit & Market Risk provides company-wide leadership, support, and oversight to ensure effective understanding and management of market risk across the company. In addition, CMRG is responsible for maintaining an aggregate view of market risk and independently reporting and monitoring market risk exposures against approved risk tolerance levels.
The Data Governance team within CMRG is responsible for establishing and maintaining a strong control environment for all data in the custody of the Market Risk domain.
- Partnering with key stakeholders to ensure completeness and accuracy of data used within the Market risk platform
- Work with stakeholders to support the harvesting of data lineage for Market risk
- Perform control and monitoring routines to allow for the measurement and delivery of Fit-for-purpose data to Market Risk's data consumers
- Perform data gap analysis as required between source systems, provisioning systems and reporting platforms
- Partner with Business and Technology partners to ensure remediation of data quality items
- Data quality reporting
- Support the implementation of metadata management standards to allow consistent definition of risk data elements at the enterprise level
- Document the required business and technical metadata attributes, respectively with input from data stewards/subject matter experts (SME) and technology custodians
- Support the definition of data standards, and ensures data provisioning sources are documented and are adhered to by each of the functional domains
- Implementing and documenting data governance responsibilities, including accountability, controls, change management, issue identification, escalation and resolution
- Partnering with other risk domains, lines of businesses and Technology is critical in accomplishing firm-wide data governance and risk aggregation requirements
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk areas, including credit risk, operational risk, market risk, reputation risk, and compliance risk. Corporate Risk strives to ensure that all Wells Fargo corporate functions and lines of business soundly manage risk, comply with applicable laws and regulations, and offer products and services that meet the needs of our customers. The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through our many locations, ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking.
- 2+ years of capital markets experience, desk analyst experience, or a combination of both
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Risk management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of SQL
- Experience communicating with business partners and project managers
- Ability to work across multiple lines of business leading large scale initiatives
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Knowledge and understanding of data governance challenges and approaches: metadata, data quality, and data stewardship
- Knowledge and understanding of Teradata
- Oracle experience
- Knowledge and understanding of data warehouse concepts and designs
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results driven environment
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0076814 CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top