Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC), Hong Kong, London, Seoul.
Main Function of the Role
The Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) team within the Investment Banking & Capital Markets division of Wells Fargo Securities (WFS) is seeking an interested professional to join its International Team, located in London, as a member of the 2018 Analyst Program.
The successful candidate will play a key role in all aspects of the advisory process and will work closely with senior bankers to execute on financial and strategic advice across a variety of transactions, including acquisitions, corporate defense assignments, divestitures, exchange offers, joint ventures, leveraged buyouts, mergers, recapitalizations, restructurings, and spin-offs, for domestic and multinational corporate clients (both public and private).
Financial Conduct Authority Controlled Function (CF30)
As an Analyst you will participate in client meetings, due diligence visits and other client interactions during which you will gain exposure to key executives and senior bankers. You will provide these services as part of a team consisting of Associates, Vice Presidents, Directors and Managing Directors.
The class of 2018 Analyst is the primary analytical support for bankers in the Mergers & Acquisitions International Group. Specific Analyst responsibilities include:
- Creating detailed financial models used for valuation purposes (DCF, LBO, merger plans, accretion/dilution, comparable company and transaction analysis).
- Preparing marketing documents, including pitch materials, confidential offering memoranda and management presentations.
- Conducting extensive financial and industry due diligence to evaluate the risk/return parameters of a transaction; and.
- Supporting senior bankers in their relationship management responsibilities, including interaction with current and prospective clients
- Generalist fixed income sales coverage in the EMEA region.
- Working with Asset Backed Finance and Credit trading and other EMEA Generalist fixed income salespeople to maximise secondary trading revenue.
- Communicating with U.S. based trading and product groups regarding opportunities to source and/or place product throughout EMEA.
- Coordination and participation in client presentations and conferences as well as initiate direct ongoing dialogue between the customer base and traders, research and DCM/ syndicate.
- Co-operate with other divisions of the bank; Corporate Finance, Correspondence Banking, GFI etc.
- Work in a spirit of transparency, teamwork and ethical standard that is required.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Proven academic performance. Bachelor's degree required with a minimum 2.1 classification together with A-Level and GSCE results, particularly in Maths and Science.
- Sound analytical and communication skills, and willingness to take on significant responsibility.
- Must demonstrate high level of personal motivation, strong interpersonal skills, and a broad intellectual capacity; and
- As an Analyst you must be comfortable functioning both independently and as part of a team, meeting stringent deadlines and work quality standards
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top