Local Government Relationship Manager 3
This role is the most senior level relationship management position in local government banking and focuses on servicing the most complex relationships in the smaller government market segment. The relationship manager (RM) will be responsible for developing an effective business strategy to position Wells Fargo as the premier provider of financial services to governmental entities. The relationship manager will need to work collaboratively with other segments within GIB, leverage product partner expertise, and involve local bank leadership in developing our brand and reputation in each market. The relationship manager will have a specific focus on governmental entities with primary clients consisting of counties, cities, K-12 public education, community colleges and essential services such as water and sanitation districts and community colleges and public safety. The RM will be responsible for all aspects of the customer experience and will be accountable to deepen relationships with current clients and acquire new customers. Due to the highly regulated nature of government banking, the banker is responsible for all compliance, risk management, and due diligence related to all activities. Being knowledgeable in all services utilized by government entities is desired so Wells Fargo can deliver the most comprehensive value proposition to our clients. Examples of these services include treasury management, liquidity and investment management, tax exempt lending, and public finance. Working effectively with subject matter expert partners to deliver the full complement of Wells Fargo products and services will be critical in delivering our value proposition. As a senior RM, the individual should require minimal supervision.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: account relationship management, credit management or treasury management
- Ability to successfully exceed goals with a results focus
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong risk management and compliance skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across business lines
- Ability to work independently while supporting clients across a large geography
- Experience interacting with government entities in industry specific forums
- Effective negotiating skills and the ability to influence others
- Experience engaging the community via board service volunteerism and embracing a commitment to diversity
- Sales and referral skills
- Knowledge and understanding of delivering credit solutions, tax exempt lending, and working with financial advisors
Other Desired Qualifications
- At least 3 years of credit underwriting or business development experience in the government sector
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0104905 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top