Loan Servicing Specialist 3 - Settlement
Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending Group (CLG) is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision – and design every product and service – with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people – those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The CLG team includes Home Lending, Personal Loans and Lines, Direct Auto, Dealer Services, Commercial Auto, Retail Services and Education Financial Services including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Default/Performing Servicing team strives to help our customers achieve, maintain and sustain homeownership by advancing responsible servicing practices, focusing on the customer and striving for operational excellence.
- *Please note this position could be pulled down early due to applicant volume**
This Loan Servicing Specialist III is within the Home Preservation Settlement Closing department. Candidates must be able to learn quickly, follow procedures, and excel in a fast-paced, changing environment. They will be responsible for the reviewing and closing of modification documents for the Home Equity, Wells Owned, and/or FHA portfolios within company and investor guidelines.
The duties of the Home Preservation Closer (LSS 3) will include:
- Communicating errors, status, and information requests with underwriters, specialists, Modification Approvers and external vendors
- Settling modification documents includes a thorough review of the documents as well as running evaluation tools and understanding program guidelines
- Auditing documents includes a detailed review of the information in the system and on the documents before they are settled and closed out
- Successful candidates may assist the manager and work director with training and handle escalated issues and special projects
- Follow up on file rejects, ERLMF workloads, settlement of loan modifications and direct contact with internal business lines and external vendors
- Responsible for responding to written and phone inquiries from internal personnel and external vendors regarding loans
- Answering questions pertaining to areas of loan servicing including payment research, loan modifications, adjustable rate loans
- Researching and analyzing problems and recommending solutions
- Giving information on settlement timelines and Service Level Agreements
- Proactive and timely communication to business partners
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Able to perform in a high volume and constantly changing environment
- Ability to work in a flexible and production oriented environment
- Ability to manage daily production under deadlines and meet service level timeframes
This department utilizes the following systems:
- HEDDA (Home Equity Default Decision Applications)
- EDM (Electronic Document Management)/ ICMP
- Aacer/LPS Desktop
- GEM application
- ERLMF/1HP workflow
- 6+ months of experience in one or a combination of the following: customer service, loan administration, collections, or sales environment
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- Recent Home Equity, Wells Owned, and/or FHA experience desired
- High degree of attention to detail
- Strong organizational and follow up skills
- Proficient in MS Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Proficiency in ECaR, EDM, HEDDA, MSP/SHAW, ICMP, ACCER, GEM, or ERLMF
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo’s compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0030490 WF CONSLNDG GRP
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top