Loan Servicing Specialist 3
Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision - and design every product and service - with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The Consumer Lending team includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Dealer Services, including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance).
Our Capital Markets team manages the interest rate and operational risks associated with the origination, sale and servicing of mortgage loans, and provides liquidity for the mortgage assets originated by Wells Fargo.
The Final Documents Loan Sales Operations team within Capital Markets has an opening for a Loan Servicing Specialist 3(LSS3) in Eagan, MN. This team supports the success of Capital Markets Loan Sales by maximizing the salability and profitability of each sale. This team is responsible for procuring and correcting final loan documents, perfecting lien position, and efficiently managing and coordinating the document exception support functions for all business partners.
This position requires a high level of accuracy and the ability to work with loan documentation and state specific standards and compliance deadlines. The LSS3 role is responsible for performing a variety of duties to ensure compliance with company policies and government regulations.
Functions include but are not limited to:
- Work with settlement agents, title companies, lenders, vendors, business partners to procure and correct final loan documents for the sale of the loan
- Responsible for responding to written and phone inquiries from title companies and internal personnel regarding loans
- Performs a variety of operational tasks for a moderately complex to complex process or functions
- Analyze, interpret and document information from various sources: including multiple online systems
- Research and resolve issues utilizing various resources and process documentation
- Log all procurement efforts into the ARROW system
- Act as a mentor and training resource for newer staff
- Work under general supervision following established procedures
- Exercise some judgment within guidelines
Hours: Start time between 7:00am to 8:30am. This is a 40 hour work week Monday through Friday. Overtime may be available based on business need.
Please note that posting duration may be shortened based on job seeker volume.
- 6+ months of experience in one or a combination of the following: customer service, loan administration, collections, or sales environment
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to manage a pipeline of work from assignment to completion
- Mortgage operations experience
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Knowledge and understanding of document research and review
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Knowledge and understanding of imaging solutions or document management processes
- Knowledge and understanding of loan documentation
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience using loan database systems such as: ARROW, MSP, ICMP
- Experience mentoring and training others
- Prior phone experience utilizing strong telephone etiquette skills
- Experience working with settlement agents and title companies to obtain information
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible to changing work environment
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
MN-Eagan: 1000 Blue Gentian Rd - Eagan, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0031633 WF CONSLNDG GRP
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top