Loan Originations Officer - Technology focused
Wells Fargo Capital Finance (WFCF) is one of the top lead arrangers of asset-based loans in the U.S. with a large and diversified portfolio of close to 2,500 customers and $37 billion in loans outstanding. Capital Finance offers traditional asset-based financing, specialized senior secured financing, accounts receivable financing, purchase order financing, and supply chain financing to a wide range of companies throughout the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.
This Business Development Officer will primarily support the Technology Finance Group, the Healthcare Finance Group and the Corporate Finance Group and will be responsible for originating and transacting secured lending opportunities in the middle market and large corporate market within an assigned coverage. The BDO will be responsible for sourcing lending opportunities from various referral sources, including private equity groups, investment banks, and other third-party intermediaries. Other key responsibilities include networking with internal WF product partners and have the skill-set to transact those opportunities referred by the partners through WFCF Direct Lending Originations Team. Responsibilities include conducting effective analysis of complex transactions, negotiate terms and conditions during the screening/proposal stage, and assisting the underwriting team through a successful closing.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: leveraged finance, commercial finance, or investment banking
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Lending opportunities analysis experience related to acquisitions, consolidations, debtor-in-possession financings, leveraged buy-outs, refinancing, and corporate growth
Other Desired Qualifications
- Five years of experience in a lending environment with financial analysis experience and exposure to various lending products.
- Technology lending experience, especially strong familiarity with the recurring revenue products and deal structures of our Tech Finance group as well as ties to the Tech buy-out community (relevant sponsor and debt capital providers) are important considerations.
- Strong knowledge of leveraged cash flow lending .
- Solid understanding of secured lending legal documentation
- Strong knowledge of the healthcare lending space and the product offerings of our Healthcare Finance Group.
- High energy level with an eagerness to learn and assume responsibility.
- Business/Accounting/Finance degree.
- MBA and/or CPA certification a plus.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0069464 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top