Lending Officer 1
This position will report to the Team Leader for Regulated Counterparties within the Wholesale Counterparty Credit Risk (WCCR) group.
The WCCR team has core areas of expertise. It is responsible for analysis, due diligence, underwriting and approvals for Other Financial Institutions (non-banks) with which Wholesale businesses want to trade that are not the responsibility of another LOB. Examples of these are insurance companies, GSEs, municipalities, mortgage originators, mortgage REITs, and broker-dealers. Secondly, WCCR will also provide more rapid approvals to support trading with Counterparties for instances in which the LOBs do not have adequate time or experience with traded products to underwrite and approve the trades.
The role will focus in particular on underwriting complex trading approvals and annual reviews for, and monitoring a portfolio of, various Other Financial Institution (non-bank) counterparty types; supporting Senior Credit Officers in the preparation of credit packages; working with multiple sales/trading desks to understand the business and risks being undertaken with these counterparties; performing ongoing monitoring of counterparty quality and exposures; conducting due diligence calls; responsibility for adhering to a monthly review schedule. In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to display flexibility in handling other counterparty types as necessary.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of lending experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 7+ years’ work experience in a financial institution, of which 3-5 years credit/risk experience
- Experience analyzing and spreading balance sheets/income statements
- Ability to partner with a wide range of colleagues including sales, trading, legal, operations
- Strong analytical and process skills
- Ability to write, organize, and present information in a clear and understandable format to a wide range of audiences
- Demonstrated commitment to core values of the organization
- Experience in credit underwriting/analysis
- Experience interacting with external clients, both in person and via the telephone
- Experience negotiating legal documentation (ISDAs, MRAs, MSFTAs)
- Experience in dealing with traded products including derivatives, financing trades and structures
- Experience working with Adaptiv
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0162892 CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top