Lending Manager (SAFE) 2
Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs:
Our product is service.
Our value added is financial advice and guidance.
Our competitive advantage is our people. It all begins with outstanding talent.
In Consumer Lending, we've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The Consumer Lending team includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Dealer Services, including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Join the #1 Home Equity originator (Source: Company sources; Based on new commitments)
Our Home Equity team serves customers in all aspects of applying for and receiving home equity loans and/or lines of credit across the nation. This organization provides service to customers from the point of application submission, all the way to funding.
The Lending Manager (SAFE) 2 is responsible for managing a section or department engaged in making lending decisions on home equity loans and lines. Functions include: ensuring group's underwriting and customer service levels are met; monitoring credit quality; approving loans within established loan approval limits; ensuring compliance with all appropriate Bank policies and regulations; working with business unit managers to understand servicing needs and make or recommend adjustments to provide improved turnaround times and customer service.
This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE WILL BE CONSIDERED.
- 5+ years of lending experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to analyze metrics and articulate data trends both visually and verbally
- Ability to drive and lead organizational change in a dynamic environment
- Ability to manage tactical or strategic initiatives
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Knowledge and understanding of consumer loan underwriting or credit in mortgage lending
- Strong relationship development skills
- Leadership experience including; coaching, training, and mentoring
- Leadership experience in a loan administration environment
- Experience with underwriting policies and procedures such as risk-layering and asset evaluation
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with home equity or first mortgage
- Experience with reviewing second level lending requests
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
OR-Portland: 9600 Ne Cascades Parkway - Portland, OR
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0218104 WF CONSLNDG GRP
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top