Lending Manager (SAFE) 1
Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs:
Our product is service.
Our value added is financial advice and guidance.
Our competitive advantage is our people. It all begins with outstanding talent.
In Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending Group (CLG), we’ve built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what’s needed to succeed. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The CLG team includes Home Lending, Personal Loans and Lines, Direct Auto, Dealer Services, Commercial Auto, Retail Services and Education Financial Services including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Mortgage team supports the nation’s leading originator and servicer of residential mortgages.
Responsible for supervising lenders engaged in approving loan applications. Functions include: managing unit’s workflow to ensure that group’s customer service standards are met and unit procedures are current and in compliance with government and Bank regulations; analyzing workflow policies/procedures and recommending changes as appropriate; maintaining appropriate records/documents under specified security control; creating and maintaining programs and reports; assisting in hiring, firing, setting performance standards, training, writing/conducting performance reviews. May be responsible for the approval of second level reviews.
This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
- 3+ years of lending experience
- 1+ year of team leadership or management experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of consumer loan underwriting or credit in mortgage lending
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Ability to drive and lead organizational change in a dynamic environment
- Leadership experience including; coaching, training, and mentoring
- Strong relationship development skills
- Ability to analyze metrics and articulate data trends both visually and verbally
- Leadership experience in a loan administration environment
- Experience with underwriting policies and procedures such as risk-layering and asset evaluation
- Current or previous lending exception authority
- Experience with review and approval of second level lending requests
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo’s compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
AZ-Tempe: 1150 W Washington St – Tempe, AZ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0111271 WF CONSLNDG GRP
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top