Lending Manager 2 (SBA Lending)
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo SBA (Small Business Administration) Lending has an opportunity for a talented, highly-motivated, credit savvy leader for the position of Lending Manager 2 (Team Lead) located in San Jose, California.
SBA Lending is part of the Business Banking Group within Wholesale Banking. As a whole, SBA is responsible for the production, management and servicing of a $10B+ portfolio of government guaranteed SBA 7(A) loans and 504 real estate loans.
As part of a growing team in a fast-paced environment, you will provide leadership, underwriting guidance and risk management oversight to teams of Credit Analysts and Underwriters. The Lending Manager will guide credit underwriting and approval activities for small business real estate, business acquisition, equipment and working capital loans offered by Wells Fargo SBA Lending. Management of approvals and operational risk within loan policy guidelines will also be a critical job component. . Further, leadership and development of team members, including recruiting new talent, will be integral to success. The ideal candidate must manage change well, while being a highly motivated, proactive, self-starter that takes pride and accountability for the results of their team. Success in this role comes from the focus and commitment to promoting a customer-centric environment, developing credit analysis and risk management skills in team members, and creating strong, professional partnerships with our internal and external partners.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Onsite Team Lead in the San Jose SBA Underwriting Hub
- Actively managing a direct team of 6-10 Underwriters and Credit Analysts
- Approving new loans within unit/department level authorities
- Actively coaching, motivating, and inspiring a fast paced production underwriting team
- Planning, organizing, and directing staff in accomplishing business goals
- Providing recognition to the underwriting team
- Ensuring conformity with SBA, WF bank and WFSBA policies and procedures and proactively integrating new technology, policies and procedures
- Assisting relationship managers, business development officers and credit underwriters with structuring, pricing and documenting of individual loan transactions
- Monitoring and reviewing the team members' underwriting and portfolio management performance
- Developing team member talents through use of internal and external resources.
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 5+ years of lending experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- 4+ years of commercial underwriting experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Strong commercial credit analysis skills
- Ability to represent the company/business units to internal and external auditors, RECOR, OCC, or other regulatory agencies
- Ability to achieve high production and quality standards
- Experience developing partnerships and collaborating with other business and functional areas
- Knowledge and understanding of Small Business Administration (SBA) Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Policies
- Ability to review and interpret complex commercial loan documents
- Ability to provide leadership by coaching, training, and mentoring
- Ability to recruit, retain, and grow high potential talent/teams
CA-San Jose: 121 S Market St - San Jose, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0005030 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top