Legal Counsel (Labor Relations)
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Manila, Philippines and in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website .
The Wells Fargo Legal Department supports the vision,values, and goalsof Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We strive to provide cost-effective advice and services in accordance with the highest standards of judgement, integrity, and ethical leadership. In doing so, we will act in partnership with our clients to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo's enterprise success. We seek to create a stimulating, diverse, and collegial work environment in which team members collaborate effectively with each other and with other team members throughout the company.
The Legal Department has a global staff of over 900 team members and is led by General Counsel Allen Parker. The Legal Department is organized into seven Divisions, dividedly broadly based on business lines. This role, EGS Philippines Employment Counsel, will form part of the International Employment Team within the Employment Counselling and Litigation Section, which is in itself part of the Employment Division.
About the Role
The job title for this role is Employment Counsel, with a functional title of LEC 3. This role reports into the Managing Counsel - International Employment. This is a newly-created position that presents opportunities for growth, learning and career development. This role will be based in EGS Manila.
This Philippines-based new position is intended to supplement the existing APAC Employment Counsel position based in Hong Kong. While the position will functionally report out-of-region to the Managing Counsel, on a practical, day-to-day level, the person in this position is expected to partner closely with the existing APAC Employment Counsel.
The need for this new position has arisen due to a significant increase in the amount of Employment Law support activity within the region arising from an increasingly complex regulatory and legal environment, growing team member population and a greater need for collaboration with other HR, Legal, Compliance and Risk partners to deliver company objectives.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Providing day-to-day legal advice on the broad spectrum of employment-related matters to the EGS Philippines HR team and other key partners, such as Legal, Compliance, Risk and line of business stakeholders;
- Managing employment threats and/or claims arising within the region, and working closely with HR, Employee Relations (ER) and other stakeholders to develop and execute plans to bring such matters to a satisfactory resolution;
- Providing timely input on enterprise and regional HR and employment law related initiatives; such as review of incentive plans, benefit plans, new policies and procedures, and new processes;
- Keeping abreast of latest developments in employment law and communicating these developments to stakeholders within the EGS and the APAC region in a timely and thoughtful manner;
- Providing subject matter expertise to disciplinary and conduct committees as appropriate;
- Liaising with and appearing before labour and other statutory bodies with respect to labour law compliance matters; and
- Managing outside counsel relationships.
- Solicitor admitted in Philippines (preferably at least 8+ PQE)
- Sound knowledge of, and experience in, handling employment law matters
- Experience in working with, or within, large diversified financial institutions
- Some familiarity with international employment and compensation
- Familiarity with Philippines , US and APAC employment, compensation and benefits issues
- Strong client relationship skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to assume responsibility quickly and to produce quality work in complex multi-team environments where collaboration, partnership and teamwork are essential
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Back to top