At Wells Fargo, our vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. In this role, you will help us deliver on our vision and build lifelong relationships with our customers. You also will demonstrate leadership through contributing to a company culture that supports customers in achieving their financial goals, team members in developing their careers, and communities in continuing to thrive. As part of a team that serves one in three American households, you will play a vital role in living our commitment to the highest ethical standards and maintaining the valued trust of our customers and communities.
A Lead Teller spends almost all of his or her time working with Wells Fargo’s most important asset, our customers. Lead Tellers are able to juggle a variety of tasks including exercising excellent customer service in all customer interactions, managing and resolving customer concerns, following procedures to minimize errors and manage risk on behalf of our customers, while providing information on new products and services. Lead Tellers work under limited supervision, assist with work flow to ensure Tellers are successful, consistently balance their cash daily, have great rapport with people, meet their performance goals, and enjoy helping others all while maintaining ethics, integrity, and embracing diversity.
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. If you are a Wells Fargo Team Member, in your Jobs Profile ensure that your email address is valid and updated to an address that can receive external emails outside of the banking network. Initial contact with you will be made via e-mail. Please check your e-mail regularly for updates.
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
- 1+ year of experience assessing and meeting the needs of customers and/or solving customer problems
- 1+ year of retail experience independently following policies and procedures
- 1+ year of handling cash experience
- 1+ year of interacting directly with customers or customer service experience; or a combination of both
- 1+ year of sales experience
- 1+ year of experience working in a team environment
- Good communication skills including speaking clearly, succinctly, and accurately while using a pleasant tone and common conversational courtesies
- Experience meeting customer service goals
- Experience meeting sales goals or quotas
- Experience identifying additional opportunities to sell products and services to customers
- Experience achieving individual and team goals
- Coaching experience in a customer service/sales environment
- Good attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Experience interacting positively with unsatisfied customers
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Knowledge and understanding of cash handling and balancing practices
- Teller experience
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top