Lead Siebel Systems Architect
Wells Fargo Wholesale Banking Technology, part of Enterprise Information Technology (EIT), is seeking a Lead Siebel Systems/Solutions Architect that will provide technical leadership of a large-scale Siebel implementation and related originations applications for Equipment Finance platform. This position will play the role of senior application architect, playing a critical role in defining the technology strategy and will work closely with our business and technology partners in various Lines of Business throughout Wells Fargo.
The ideal candidate will possess a background in application development, enterprise integration and/or service oriented architecture. The selected candidate will serve as the highest-level technical consultant to internal clients and technical management to ensure conformity with Enterprise Architecture, having expertise across a broad portion of the organizational unit's architecture, or in-depth expertise within a more specific portion of the architecture. Ensure alignment, participation, contribution, and compliance with the Wholesale Architecture program, including all associated Enterprise Architecture policies and standards.
The candidate must have previous hands-on experience in application development and maintenance, technology strategy and have the ability to bring innovative yet practical ideas to the organization and the ability to communicate ideas to all levels for support, adoption and implementation. Candidate should be able to demonstrate the ability to apply core development principles, practices, and procedures to multiple applications. Candidate should have existing knowledge of technology trends and advancements and possess strong leadership, with the ability to command respect at all levels of the organization.
Other duties will include:
- Analyze business and technical requirements to determine system design, potential issues, and, in some cases, related costs for each project request. Contribute to feature prioritization and systems architecture.
- Review Requirements Documents and develop implementation strategies that preserve the availability, performance, integrity, stability, and scalability of systems.
- Produce architecture and design documents to effectively communicate the solution to the business and provide direction for the development teams and infrastructure partners.
- Develop design standards and guidelines and mentor development team members on best practices.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in problem solving.
- Work with business and technology partners to prevent or solve difficult availability and performance problems.
- Interact with internal and external technical leaders to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs.
- Research new innovative tools and technologies and lead proof-of-concepts to drive adoption.
- 10+ years of information technology systems design and planning experience; in systems, applications, or architecture
- Extensive technical skills and comprehensive knowledge and understanding of an entire line of business or infrastructure sub-domain
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
Other Desired Qualifications
- Expert level proficiency with Siebel application development and architecture
- 7+ years of Siebel systems design or development experience
- 4+ years of Siebel application architecture experience
- Experience influencing management on technical or business solutions
- Experience with a wide application of technical principles, practices, and procedures to multiple applications or a component family
- Active knowledge of modern architecture models (presentation, business process, document management, services, database, etc.).
- Technical experience working with Siebel 8.x, Oracle, SQL technologies
- Experience with Siebel Open UI.
- Experience with Siebel EAI (Webservices, MQ)
- Proven understanding of the discipline of Architecture and its role and function as a bridge between business strategy and technology execution is critical
- Previous leadership in an application development capacity and the ability to collaborate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels. - Ability to lead and facilitate architectural reviews and technology roadmap sessions with the business and technology staff
- Experience working in a matrixed organization, building relationships with leaders and team members located across time zones
- Knowledge of technology trends and advancements.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills, particularly as it relates to systems design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to document and communicate complex business and technical concepts to diverse audiences
- Java/Web Development experience.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0214394 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top