Junior Risk Consultant (Operational Risk Consultant 2)
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune's 2017 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories .
BPRM is an enterprise wide program to ensure management of critical business processes with a focus on analyzing end-to-end process steps, risks, controls, monitoring and opportunities for improvement.
About the role
The Junior Risk Consultant will be r esponsible for developing, implementing and monitoring a risk-based program to identify, assess and mitigate any operational risk that arises from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems or external events, while maintaining a balance between risk mitigation and operational efficiency.
- May provide oversight to an operational risk program.
- Works with assigned business units and provides operational risk expertise and consulting for projects and initiatives with moderate to high risk.
- May provide senior-level support for systems security-related issues.
- Develops testing strategies and methodologies; evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls; analyzes business and/or systems changes to determine impact; identifies and assesses operational risk issues and assigns risk ratings consistent with established policy standards.
- Consults with business to develop corrective action plans and effectively manage change.
- Identifies training opportunities; may design/coordinate the development of training materials and delivers training.
- Reports findings and drafts recommendations to mitigate risk to operational risk and business line management.
- Coordinates production of periodic operational risk performance reports for senior management, including trend analysis and recommended strategies.
- May manage project teams and provide guidance to less experience specialists/consultants.
- Complete and comply with all Enterprise Business Process Risk Management requirements as documented in policy
- Provide file prep support by identifying risk and controls and other required deliverables for business processes in auto and dealer services
- Assist with performing end to end process reviews for processes in alignment with the enterprise policy
- Assist in completing required deliverables such process maps, and business streamlining opportunities for identified high risk processes in alignment with the enterprise policy
- Complete process discovery, process modeling, and process improvement activities
- Attend calls with business partners to complete project work during deep dive risk assessments
Market Skills and Certifications
- Candidate (internal/external) must be a Graduate of any 4 or 5 year course in College
- Candidates must have at least 2+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management, which includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial controls and risk
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex technical problems
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of business processes analysis and enhancing operations to accomplish business objectives
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Business Process Management Notation (BPMN) methodology and modeling
- Ability to manage process discovery, process modeling, and process improvement activities, ability to identify inefficiencies, opportunities to streamline business processes, and implement change
- Should be able to develop and manage business relationships, influence and collaborate at all internal organizational levels
- Can work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Experience/knowledge in iGrafx, ProVision or other enterprise process modeling experience, Microsoft Visio and Six Sigma are a plus but not
- Ability to facilitate meetings, prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Candidates must be amenable to work in rotating shifts, schedules and offs.
- Work location is in McKinley Hill or BGC (Uptown), Taguig City
- Candidate must be amenable to work on a Grave Yard shift (7:00PM - 4:00AM)
Internal only : Interested team members must have at least 12 months tenure in current role and not under current Corrective Action. Team members should inform their manager prior application for career coaching and consultation on how the position you have applied fits in your career development plan.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Senior Business Initiatives Leader for the Innovation Group
Kelli leads a team within Wells Fargo’s Innovation Group. Her team’s focus is to work with areas of the business on engagement and collaboration to help advance their innovation and technology strategies.
Back to top